Internet Service Providers forum

General discussion

Direcway is now Hughes.net

by tuaz / April 11, 2006 4:44 AM PDT

Direcway changed it name but not it policies. They gave me a password to get me transferred to new site. I got it ok set up my mail and user home page. When I returned I was locked out. I have received two more p/w neigher of which work. I've got til the 22nd of April then the Direcway site goes down. Tey do not answer my email. By now they probably figure I'm a crank so email is no longer answered. This is just the last of many problems I've had over the past year. No EZ for me to change as I do not have a phone line. I use DirecTV and a cell. Thanks for letting me vent.

Pat Miller

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Direcway is now Hughes.net
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Direcway is now Hughes.net
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
direcway to hughes.net is a nightmare
by jrorjhor / April 18, 2006 1:12 PM PDT

I too went through the supposedly 2 step transition to hughes.net from direcway. The process turned out to be 9 steps and I still cannot "reply" to email, attach addresses from my contacts list or find my "groups" as defined in direcway--and promised they would all transfer easily?!!!! I cannot get internet access any other way where I live due to distance from the road, mountains and every other excuse in the world otherwise I would be soooo gooonnnneee.

J

Collapse -
FINALLY GOT DIRECWAY TO HUGHES TO RECOGNIZE USER NAME AND PW
by TechNerd13 / April 20, 2006 9:50 AM PDT

Gee, what a mess migrating from Direcway to Hughes. After carefully following all their directions, still couldn't get Hughes.net to recognize my username and pw for receiving email. I finally figured out the problem. When setting up the email account in Outlook, unlike Direcway, you need to use your full user name with Hughes.net at the end under the LOGIN INFORMATION. They didn't explain the difference in any of their email stuff. There is no excuse for their lack of customer service or response to emails from people having problems. I sent 5 emails and got no response. If I didn't live on an island with no other choice, I'd change companies in a heartbeat!

Collapse -
hughes.net problems...
by Steve in PA / May 5, 2006 11:01 AM PDT

Pat: you are not alone. We are many here in the same situation. This is such a disgrace, everyday is a new problem with hughes.net.
I just wish i could drop this company all together, they are not professional a bit. do u have a phone number for them? I have been trying to contact them, and forget email to thse bozos. Thanks.
Guy Tower

Collapse -
Hughes Net Is Worthless
by Curtis Stoaks / August 9, 2006 12:40 PM PDT
In reply to: hughes.net problems...

4/21/06
Called cusotmer care to Upgrade to professional package.
reference number: 9523749
case number: 9524188
___________________________________________________________________________________________
4/21/06 9524925 called tech to see why intenet was not working at all spent hours on hold (wathed apollo 13 while waiting) finally at like 1:00 am got a tech on the phone, who helped my with issue realized that billing had moved me to another satelite which made it impossible for me to get service and the system could not be set up manually.

4/22/06 I called back later after sleeping on the issue and talked to Charlie who worked with me in an advanced settings area of the modem to manually commision the system. system continued to change back to it's original settings would not allow me to change the lat and long settings or any of the other settings we could not get it to commission, Charlie finally said they would send someone out.

4/23/06 I continued to work with the settings charlie had given me and eventually got the system to change the settings called back to tech and got Charlie again who was then able to get it to work. Technician never came to house.
case number 9525149
93,1046,45,h,h
_________________________________________________________________________________________

6-23-06
Case number 9844268 called and asked about paying in advance was placed on hold for 10 minutes while the rep "opened" my account. 612.00 for 6 months of service
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Started keeping records of my calls to tech support as the issue had not been resolved on
previous calls. I had been told by an advance tech rep to keep a diary of my calls I didn't think he was serious. I figured after the first issue that I would not have to call again. I was wrong system is a total joke.

7/19/06 One call to billing and two calls to tech:

Billing:
Called in was placed on hold for 20 minutes while representive "opened" my account (maybe she had to take a break)
Informed me that I Started service on 4/22/06 I am showing started service 4/21/06
Asked about cancelation of services was told.
300 disconnect fee,
400.00 Hdware Term Fee,
I asked for and address I could send a strongly worded letter to.
Gave me address of corporate:
Hughes Network Systems
11717 Exploration LN
Germantown MD, 20876
Attn: customer service
Mail stop: D3B
Informed me that only a tech could get me out of my contract.

Tech:
Page Can not be found error:
case number: 9997348
changed Proxy server and port

Page cannot be found error:
case number:
tech rep told me to delete all proxy settings.
http://192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html advised me to disable turbo page. This does not work. Tried doing this over and over for several days it did not help at all.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
7/30/06
I am having major issues with this system. I am constantly having to reset the modem, constantly having to reset my computer. Often times when browsing from site to site I get error messages. At first I thought that this was a broken path between me and the web site I was trying to get to, or the web site was down. But I have been dealing with this now for so long that I know it is not a bad web site and most definately is not a bad path. This is with sites like Google.com and Ebay.com and Usbank.com I have called in about this several times, and nothing has been done to fix the problem. From day one I have had nothing with problems with your company. On day one you were supposed to upgrade my service, and instead put me on a different sattelite for three days no service, no credit offered and tech was no help I ended up fixing the issue my self, after 6 hours on the phone with tech. Then these Page cannot be displayed errors started, and I called in was told to change proxy settings, issue not resolved, called in again was told to change proxy settings, issue not resolved, called in again tech got defensive was told to take all proxy settings out still having issues. Either fix it or give my my money back and let me out of contract!!!

Please wait ...
http://www.mydirecway.com/
marcy has arrived to help you!
marcy says, "Thank you for contacting HughesNet Technical Support. My name is Marcy. How may I assist you today?"
You say, "Marcy I really upset with this system. I continue to have major issues and my frustration level has reached a fever pitch"
marcy says, "I understand the concern and would certainly provide you with the best possible support."
You say, "Just tell me what to do to fix this constant error message and inability to get onto web sites."
marcy says, "Before we go ahead could you please confirm me your Email Address , Site ID and the Name on the Account and your Billing Telephone number?"
marcy says, "Please give a minute as I pull up the records for you."
marcy says, "Thank you for the information."
marcy says, "Please open the website : 192.168.0.1"
You say, "I have it open"
marcy says, "Click on "system status" on the left side."
You say, "got it"
marcy says, "Let me know the signal strength, TX code, Rx code, TCP acceleration and WEB acceleration."
You say, "Signal Strength: 47, Tx code: 8, Rx code:5,Tcp: Operational, Web Acceleration: Operational; Upstream Addr: 172.22.128.14"
marcy says, "Please give me a min so that I may check whether you are getting the enough signal strength so that you could browse properly."
marcy says, "Everything seems to be fine."
marcy says, "In this case I would request you to follow few steps which I am going to provide to you in order to resolve the issue :"
You say, "Okay go a head"
marcy says, "Thank You"
marcy says, "1. Launch Internet Explorer."
marcy says, "2. Select Tools from the menu bar."
marcy says, "3. Select Internet Options."
You say, "done"
marcy says, "4. Click the General tab."
marcy says, "5. In the Temporary Internet files section, click Delete Files."
marcy says, "6. In the Delete Files window, place a check in box next to Delete all offline content."
marcy says, "7. Click OK."
marcy says, "8. Also delete cookies"
marcy says, "9. Click OK to close the Internet Options window."
You say, "Ok I have done all fo that now"
marcy says, "Ok"
marcy says, "1. Please launch Internet Explorer. "
marcy says, "2. From the Menu click Tools and select Internet Options. "
marcy says, "3. On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings to open the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings dialog. "
marcy says, "4. Verify that the Automatically detect settings and Use automatic configuration script boxes are NOT checked. If they are checked, uncheck them now. "
marcy says, "5. Mark the check box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN. "
marcy says, "6. Click Advanced. "
marcy says, "7. Beside the HTTP protocol, enter 192.168.0.1 in the proxy address to use and enter 87 in the Port. "
marcy says, "8. Under exceptions enter systemcontrolcenter.com;192.168.0.1. "
marcy says, "9. All other fields should be empty."
marcy says, "10. Make sure that Use same proxy server for all protocols is unchecked and that all other entries are blank. "
marcy says, "11. Click OK. "
marcy says, "12. Mark the check box next to Bypass proxy server for local addresses. "
marcy says, "13. Click OK to close the Proxy Settings dialog. "
marcy says, "14. Click OK to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings dialog. "
marcy says, "15. Click OK to close the Internet Options. "
You say, "okay I have done that, those are the same proxy settings I already had although currently had them turned off, have been tring it both ways. Trying to go in and turn them on and off when a web site would not load"
marcy says, "OK"
marcy says, "1. Relaunch Internet Explorer. "
marcy says, "2. From the Menu click Tools and select Internet Options. "
marcy says, "3. On the advanced tab,scroll down to HTTP 1.1 settings,make sure that the box which says use HTTP 1.1 is checked and the box which says use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connection is not checked."
marcy says, "4. Click apply & ok."
You say, "okay that was already set that way"
marcy says, "Ok"
marcy says, "1. Go to http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/downloads/downloads.html"
marcy says, "2. Download LAN Client Configuration Utility (LCCU) "
marcy says, "3. Once the download completes an icon for LCCU_4.0.3.13.zip would appear on the desktop of your computer. Please double click on the icon and unzip files."
marcy says, "4. Go to the C drive under My Computer and then double click on the LCCU folder."
marcy says, "5. Double click on the LCCU executable file."
marcy says, "6. Click Next.
7. Click Next.
8. Click Next.
9. Click Next"
marcy says, "10.Click Configure"
marcy says, "11.Click Finish."
You say, "1. Optimized Internet Explorer's settings for the current user."
You say, "2. This utility could not connect directly to a DIRECWAY Proxy. Reference the LCCU Users Manual for Proxy troubleshooting help if a Two-Way DW4000 system is being used. Please ignore this message if a DIRECWAY One-Way system or self-hosted system is being used."
You say, "okay done"
marcy says, "Now the last step is to perforce Power Cycle which will reboot your modem. I would request you to perform this step after this chat as the chat will get disconnect if you would perform this step on chat."
You say, "okay if this does not work then what do I do?"
marcy says, "If all these steps do not work for you. Please contact us on our voice support at 1866-347-3292."
You say, "Ok because this not anything we have not already done"
You say, "will I have to go through these same steps again"
marcy says, "No you do not have to go through all these steps again."
marcy says, "In order to perform power cycle please unplug the power cable which is the second cable from the top from the back side of DW 7000 modem (for at least 30 seconds). Plug the power cord back into the modem (wait for the lights to be steady on the modem).

"
You say, "is there a case number for this conversation"
marcy says, "Yes, please give me a min so that I may generate a case id for you."
marcy says, "You can have a note of the Case ID of your current issue for your future reference. Case ID is: 10056905 You can quote the case ID in case of same issue in near future."
marcy says, "Note: Further to this I would like to inform that in the next 24 to 48 hours you may receive a 'Customer Satisfaction Survey Form' at your email address with reference to the case number that I gave you.

You need to rate me on a scale of 1-10, where 10 stands for the highest.

I'll be really glad if you could take out some time to fill up the form and send it back to us as it would help me in providing better service in future and also it would let us know how satisfied are you with the service provided to you through this email. "
You say, "ok I will give it a try and the call"
marcy says, "Thank You"
marcy says, "I hope you would understand me."
marcy says, "Is there anything else I can help you with?"
You say, "No thanks have a good day"
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

www.ebay.com imeadiatly after talking with tech rep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Power cycled unit as asked then: ebay.com seems to be working now, usbank seems to be working now but after a google search and surfing to several sites I went to Paypal.com and got the same error again. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_home&source_page=_toolbar

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Called tech again: 7/30/06 case: 10057222
Had me change proxy setting to http: 69.19.14.10 port 3128
Exceptions: systemcontrolcenter.com;192.168.0.1
Told me it was fixed again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8/4/06
Talked to another tech rep who asked me to set my security setting to low still having same issue,had me start the system in safe mode and problem still occured, reset computer web site worked. The teck then blamed the issue on microsoft... microsoft 1-800-386-5550 or dell asked me to contact them. Said they would escalate the issue to a senior manangement level, and that they will call me on monday 8/7/06. called dell and they said they did not believe it is my computer. Asked for supervisor only gave apologies no help or credit offered.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8/8/07 Tuesday
Someone from level four tech support. Senior management called and left a message for me to call back at: 1-866-819-0165 Pin Number: 298652 Case Number: 1009151
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8/9/07
Called this department back. Was on hold for a long time over 32 minutes to speak to a level three tech support: wants to troubleshoot somemore advised the person I spoke with that I was tired of troubleshooting and no longer want to be held to my contract. I am disputing the contract due to lack of service. Said she was going to contact the technician that had called me to work on the issue and placed me back on hold. Supposed to have a"higher level" tech call me on 8/10/07 7:00am Mountain time. Told me I need to contact retention for info on contract. was actually transfered to billing and was told that all my time and trouble did not warrant a credit on the account. They tried to transfer me to retention again but my phone dropped the call. Call lasted 1:29:58 before the call dropped.

Collapse -
technical su[pport? they have some?
by roganlors / December 4, 2006 1:04 AM PST
http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/phone.html indicates 1-866-347-3292 as technical support help line.

this is the only number given to customers both residential and commercial.

1-866-347-3292 option 3 gets a customer in contact with an outsourced call center where all "technicians" have heavy hindu accent that "check their resources if you have any technical questions"

the chat routine at http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/frm_chat_support.cfm gets customers in contact with the same outsourced call center support team with chats that look like this:

[Dec 1 2006 8:35:45 PM] Welcome to our chat customer support .
[Dec 1 2006 8:35:48 PM] william, you have been connected to Kate william(Dec 1 2006 8:36:02 PM): hi kate Kate(Dec 1 2006 8:36:00 PM): William, thank you for contacting HughesNet Technical Support. My name is Kate and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you. Before we go ahead with this conversation, I would like to inform you in case we get disconnected, please connect to the chat session again immediately through http://customercare.myhughesnet.com
Kate(Dec 1 2006 8:36:17 PM): Hi William, how are you doing today?
william(Dec 1 2006 8:36:44 PM): great just got a new domain name and need to have a PTR record setup on your DNS servers Kate(Dec 1 2006 8:38:14 PM): Please give me a moment.
Kate(Dec 1 2006 8:40:41 PM): Is it ok if I keep this chat session on hold for two minutes so that I can check resources?
william(Dec 1 2006 8:41:32 PM): sure i understand that this is for residential tier1 support...but i was never given a business support telephone #
william(Dec 1 2006 8:46:09 PM): oh and here is a link to how my domain is pointing from the registrar http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=hollygarth.net&type=ALL
Kate(Dec 1 2006 8:47:53 PM): William, may I know which plan you are in?
Kate(Dec 1 2006 8:50:08 PM): I am waiting for your reply.
william(Dec 1 2006 8:50:23 PM): pro plus
william(Dec 1 2006 8:50:43 PM): with static ip Kate(Dec 1 2006 8:51:44 PM): Could you elaborate your issue so that I can give you perfect resolution.
william(Dec 1 2006 8:52:18 PM): a new domain name and need to have a PTR record setup on your DNS servers
Kate(Dec 1 2006 8:58:10 PM): I would request you to call as they will be in a better position to assist you.
Kate(Dec 1 2006 8:58:19 PM): I apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused.
william(Dec 1 2006 8:59:07 PM): is there a direct line to the business support group i do not want to have to go thru tier 1 again Kate(Dec 1 2006 9:00:00 PM): You need to call Phone support : 1-866-347-3292.
william(Dec 1 2006 9:00:37 PM): bye

Email support also apparently connects customers to the same outsorce group and refers customer to the call number. Example in point...

From: donotreply@hughes.net [mailto:donotreply@hughes.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2006 9:43 PM
To: roganlors@hughes.net
Subject: Hughesnet Resolution

Dear William,

Thank you for contacting HughesNet Technical Support. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. William, please accept my apologies for the difficulties you are experiencing.

William, I would suggest you to give us a call on 1-866-347-3292 so that we can update you about this issue.

William, we have escalated this issue to our engineers and we are looking forward for their response. However, I would suggest you to give us a call, if we feel that there is a need then we will transfer your call to our Advanced Technical Support (Tier 3).

Your case ID for this issue is 10803330

Kind Regards,
Natalie.
HughesNet Technical Support
For further assistance, we are available 24/7 and you can contact us through the following:
Phone support: 1-866-347-3292 (Technical Support).
Chat support and Email support: www.myhughesnet.com/customercare
For future Web service and support assistance, as well as finding the latest drivers and updates, please visit our support website at http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/
The HughesNet Technical Support team is pleased to provide you with technical support. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Once again thank you for contacting HughesNet Technical Support.

----------- Original Message ---------------

Email ID : roganlors@hughes.net
CC :
Billing Phone No : 502-845-6658
Case Status : Voice Support
Product : DW7000
Inquiry Reg : Web Setup
SiteID : 38fa2c02
Previous CaseID : 10799720
Current CaseID : 10803330
Problem Statement : COMMENTS=upon calling 1-866-347-3292 and talking to supervisor carrey? he informed me that it is impossible for the company Hughes.net to setup a PTR record for me. if this is the case then having any type of business with your company is useless. since all i have talked to in this matter are tier 1 support specialist and supervisors I am requesting this be escalted to engineering and request a reply within 5 business days. I would like a detailed explaination as to WHY your company cannot enter a reverse DNS entry that points 72.168.183.70 to hollygarth.net C:\Documents and Settings\roganlors>nslookup Default Server: 24-240-141-241.charter.com Address: 24.240.141.241 > hollygarth.net Server: 24-240-141-241.charter.com Address: 24.240.141.241 Name: hollygarth.net Address: 72.168.183.70 > 72.168.183.70 Server: 24-240-141-241.charter.com Address: 24.240.141.241 Name: host7216870183.hns-noc-rev-lu.com Address: 72!
.168.183.70 http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=hollygarth.net

For any hughes.net employees this is case# 10799720, 10801081, and 10803330

Getting in contact with anyone at Hughes.net to perform any high level technical support is virtually impossible and requires the tenacity of a pit bull at the thoat of it's prey. when one does get in contact with this higher level technical support the only support that they can give you is with the hardware that you purchased for $600-$1000 US.

The "Level 3" technician I finally got in contact with informed me that the network topology used by satellites was a static "image" of current DNS entries and changing the DNS entries for static ip addresses was impossible and could not be performed.

For business application in real world enviornments this is like trying to have a land war in asia...

tecnical support from hughes.net....don't bother there is NONE worth your time.

for business appliction Spend the extra cash and have the cable company or telephone company perform a buildout to your location.

you will be glad and much happier with your connection in the end
Collapse -
Hughes Problem
by gpmyers / January 30, 2008 7:27 AM PST

I live in a rural area that is not serviced by DSL or cable. Hughes net satellite is my only option. The speed fluctuates wildly. The system degrades every day at 11 Am. I have spent hours and hours with their technical support. The tell me that the problem is congestion, but they can fix it. Someone from technical calls once a week to tell me that their team of engineers is working on it.

I would appreciate input from fellow Hughes net customers. I may go back to dial up or move.Oh yes, the rebate. I have been waiting on that for two months. I am wondering if anybody ever receives the Hughes rebate?

Collapse -
WORST CONNECTION SERVICE & TECHNICAL SUPPORT EVER!
by Explorer555 / March 9, 2008 9:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Hughes Problem

I can relate to all the previous post, because I too have been there and experienced those problems with technical support. It's horrible! If you are having trouble getting connected and you call technical support, you first have to wade through their very long spill of how to sign on and get help online. They should add the following instead: If you can connect online,press 1, if you can't press 2. HINT: HINT: HELLO...????
They do not speak English very well. Most always I have to ask 4 or 5 times for them to repeat before I can understand one sentence! Therefore, I'm always on the phone an hour or longer. Then it doesn't fix it and I have to call back and give all the same info again, etc. Hughes is using cheap help at the expense of our time and frustration. They do NOT pro-rate your bill and give credit for time not being able to get connected...even though it last for days. Their charges are outrageous to begin with! They take advantage of the ones who live in rural areas and have no other choice. But thank God due to some new laws, they will be getting some hard competition very soon.....and I'll be GONE! Get this....I called them because my modem 7000S only has 3 of the 5 lights on, and I can't connect(I'm still under warranty)After useless hours on phone with tech, they say we will send a tech out to your house, and someone will call you in a day or two to set up an appointment. Day two they call to say it will be 7 more days before they can be there. So I call and signup for the $5.95 monthly repair service that promises to be there within 1 or 2 days of you reporting a problem. Then I asked when they will be there to fix it. He says...Someone will call you in 2 to 3 days to set up an appointment. (Yeah right, it takes 3 days to get appointment each time I need to use my quick 2 day service repair I'm paying for! It's a rip-off!) My opinion: Hughes should have to pay us to put up with their lousey technical service....and that's NOT an insult to the tech's, but it is to Hughes for not providing a better tech support service! I reported my problem on last Friday. It is now Sunday and I have no tech appointment yet. I have 4 different case #'s and still no service, yet I'm paying $89 plus tax month to have a connection. I'm on dial-up AOL right now! It's working and only cost $25 month!
My case #'s are: 13573049, 13580943, 13580965, 13581094. If they do not start improving ....and provide service (as I've read I'm not the only one)we ought to get 1 attorney for all of us, get our money back and get out of the contract without having to pay! Seriously!
I was told it would be next Friday before someone would come out. Today is Sunday. This just scratches the surface to all the problems I've had with their service, and I've only been with them about 2-3 months! I didn't tell you about not being able to sign in to my email for two weeks. Thanks for letting me vent. Just know that you are NOT alone in having HUGE problems with Hughes.

Explorer555

Collapse -
Hughes Net Options
by jsandreas / November 4, 2008 6:10 AM PST

I've been reading the problems with hughes net. There is another option of getting Broadband access to rural residence if cable or DSL is not an option. Its called a leased line. You can get a least data line for about 100/mo. These are also called Partial T1 lines, and they do service rural areas. The best part of a leased T1 line is that your connection is guranteed with high uptime.

Also as another option is a wireless to cellular card. If you can get data at your home then this might be the best option. Verizon / ATT have the best coverage for rural areas. Contact them for availability

Scott Andreas
www.tildaworks.com

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.