1. Use a thumb drive/flash drive.
2. If the W98 PC has a Network port, use a crossover cable and set up a network. If you have a router and a home network, set up File and Printer Sharing and drag and drop.
3. If the W98 PC has a DVD burner, burn the files to DVDs.
4. Remove the HD from the W98 PC and place it into the new PC as slave.
5. Place the HD from the W98 PC into an external USB enclosure and plug it into the new PC.
I just got a new computer that has Windows vista and I want to transfer over 10gb of files from my windows 98 to my windows vista