Question

Digital Menu Display: How to display on 5 TVs via wifi

Hi,

I'm struggling to find a solution to this:

I'm opening a fast food restaurant and plan to have 5 Samsung TVs (with usb ports) mounted behind the counter to display our menu to the customers.

I can design these menus as images and display them using USB Keys.

However, I also have the option to have my menu images hosted online. With this method I can edit from a remote location and use animations etc.

How can I display several web hosted menu images on multiple TVs? I will have a wifi network and have been experimenting with Google Chromecast but that only seems to be effective for screen mirroring 1 laptop for 1 tv.

I need an effective way of displaying 5 different web hosted menu images on 5 different tvs via a wifi network.

I'd be extremely grateful for any suggestions.

Daniel

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Digital Menu Display: How to display on 5 TVs via wifi
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Digital Menu Display: How to display on 5 TVs via wifi
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Samsung has a division just for that.
- Collapse -
Thanks Bob

Really appreciate the reply.

I had a look at that website and while it looks impressive I think it would really inflate the cost of my little project.

I'm planning to use standard consumer TVs, 42" size that retail for about $500 each.

The additional cost for a smart TVs is significant. Plus I have a Samsung smart TV at home which can't cope any better with my problem unfortunately.

If I must, I'll just use images loaded on USB keys, it just won't be as flexible or impressive for the customer.

Thanks again.

- Collapse -
As you learn more.

CNET Forums