General discussion

Digital media cards...help please..

I need to purchase a larger card for my Olympus camera. So far the largest I have found available is 128 for the smartmedia cards...is that as large as they go right now? Also... is there any difference in the brands of cards? I have found some less expensive cards and I am really tempted to buy 2 of the cheaper ones in stead of one of the 'name brand'... but wondering if there is a quality/performance difference??? Any help appreciated!!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Digital media cards...help please..
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Digital media cards...help please..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Smart Media Cards

Smart Media has been abandoned by camera manufacturers and is not likely to reappear.

The largest one I have is 128 meg.
I don't know if they made any larger than that.

I have several different brands of Smart Media and they all work fine.

There is no quality/performance difference that I can tell.

I would go for the cheaper version.

- Collapse -
Thanks!

I have had my camera for about 3 years and I've noticed that smartmedia is not 'popular' and seems to be getting harder to find. Leave it to me to pick a camera that uses it! Happy Glad to know the cheapies should work well... I'd like to get two 'just in case' and I can afford to do that with the cheapies! Thanks again!

CNET Forums

Forum Info