General discussion

Digital ID

I just tried to email a webpage; I got a notice that I could not send a digital ID page because I don't have a digital ID. What are digital id pages, and how can a person tell that a page is a digital id page? Thanks, grandpaw

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Digital ID
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Digital ID
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Look here
- Collapse -
Re: Look here

Thanks, Steve, for the info. I did have a digital ID for my bank account but found that some bank service, I can't remember what, was not available if I had that so I dispensed with it.

The problem I had must have been some kind of anomaly or I may have inadvertently done something to cause it. I had a website page on my screen about cooking and I tried to send the page, not just the link, to my daughter. That is when I got the message that I couldn't do this without a digital ID. I then went to the homepage for this website and was able to send the link, not the page, without any problem. I wondered if there might be a way for the website owner to require a digital ID in this circumstance, even though that didn't make much sense. I've tried recreate the scenario out of curiosity, but now I don't have a problem sending the page. It's not worth looking into any more, unless it repeats itself, but, anyhow, I now know more about digital ID. Thanks, grandpaw

- Collapse -
Re: Look here

Hi Jerry
I don't know what you use for E-mail but IF it is Outlook Express, there is a thing to click on at the top of the e-mail for using a Digital-ID. You MIGHT have cicked that by mistake. I would not be surprised if other e-mail programs have the same option at the top. Just a possibilty. Grin

- Collapse -
How dare you accuse me of hitting the wrong key

The way you talk, Rod, you'd think I was in charge of what my fingers do. Frankly, the way they have treated me, I'm seriously considering your comment that tney may have to go; after all, there is that pencil thing that Chuck suggested. Thanks for demystifying, grandpaw

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You are welcome Jerry.

CNET Forums