Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Did we lose....

tabbing from subject line to main typing area?

I feel silly now, because it just worked for me here! Sad

Ahh! (I've been away to test this). In a New Discussion post, tabbing works. But in a Reply, tabbing sends me to the formatting icons.

Is it just me?

Mark

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Did we lose....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Did we lose....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yep...

In reply to: Did we lose....

Just you, Mark. Happy

Try holding Shift and refreshing the page...Create Discussion uses different Javascript files than Reply, so it may be you have an old copy of one. It's working here...

John

Collapse -
Darn

In reply to: Yep...

Just me huh?

I tried Shift+Refresh, but still get the same. I will try a CCleaner sweep out of all CNET cookies next.

Mark

Collapse -
Sadly, nothng worked.

In reply to: Yep...

I just ran CCleaner with FF closed down. That was an interesting experience in itself;
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6620_102-525391.html

I moved all protected CNET cookies to unprotected and ran the cleaner and it removed all cookies and other temp files. I then re-opened Firefox, logged back in to CNET and tried some forums, but I am still unable to tab from the subject line direct to the typing area without hopping over all the formatting icons.

If I first shut off WYSIWYG, then tab, the magnifying glass is the only one highlighted, then one more tab gets me to the typing area.

I'm stumped!

I will try other browsers. BTW this is FF 4.01. It worked before in FF 4.0 but whether that was before last weeks forum changes or not I can't recall.

One more thing, I hit submit, either as a reply or a new discussion, and I don't see my post immediately. I have to Refresh the page. Don't tell me, that's just me as well!

Mark

Collapse -
Scratch the "One more thing"

In reply to: Sadly, nothng worked.

Darn thing worked just then, first time for a few days.

I hit Submit, and there was the friendly message, "click here to see your reply".

Mark

Collapse -
(NT) Bu the one above didn't!

In reply to: Scratch the "One more thing"

Collapse -
Same here, mine was going straight to message

In reply to: Scratch the "One more thing"

block for a few days. Now it's back to the icons again.

And I'm going to blast that Blackberry ad with a shotgun before long.

Collapse -
Fwiw

W 7
FF 4.1

I see the same.
Tab from subject to typing area did not work.
Then tab from subject area to typing area "did" work........Yaaa progress.
Then tab from subject area to typing quit working........bummer.

What changed in the middle?.........no idea.

No.......shift/refresh is not the fix.

FF cache/ccleaner.
Again I saw the same......CC hung so long on the FF cache I thought it was broke.
I did read something about FF has gone to a new "betterer" cache method.

Collapse -
Some code got reverted... this was working

In reply to: Fwiw

We are looking into this now. Sorry about that.

-Lee

Collapse -
UPDATE, this is fixed again

In reply to: Some code got reverted... this was working

Sorry for the temporary reintroduction of this issue. All should be working as expected again. tabbing from the subject to message body should be OK now.

If it isn't working for you try a SHIFT + Browser refresh.

Let me know if it isn't.

Thanks!
-Lee

Collapse -
Yay!

In reply to: UPDATE, this is fixed again

Thank you. Thank you Lee.

Good work.

Did I say thank you?

Mark

Collapse -
Second Yay.

In reply to: UPDATE, this is fixed again

It works.......progress.

Collapse -
The one more thing" has been an issue since Thursday evening

We are looking into this currently, something is definitely up after our deployment Thursday evening and the engineers are trying to track it down.

Right now, at least what I'm experiencing is that the majority of the time (9 out of 10 times) after I submit a post, I see "Thank you, Lee Koo (ADMIN), your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly." rather than the "Click here to view your post."

The good thing is that all posts that I have submitted appear immediately after I refresh the page, so it isn't being held up for any amount of time.

We'll get to the bottom it.

THanks!
-Lee

Collapse -
Yep, exactly the same as me

In reply to: The one more thing" has been an issue since Thursday evening

but with "MarkFlax" of course.

Thanks Lee.

Mark

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.