Desktops forum

General discussion

Did I get a good PC ?

by terlee / January 17, 2006 4:59 AM PST

Had a gateway for 5 years don't know much about PC found this one at office depot for 579 with a 50 mial in rebate. Hoping i got a good deal.
Full specifications
for Compaq Presario SR1630NX - Athlon 64 2.2 GHz

Manufacturer: HP
Part number: ED878AA#ABA

ProcessorClock speed 2.2 GHz
Processor type Athlon 64
Installed processor qty 1
Max supported processor qty 1
Processor manufacturer AMD
Processor performance index 3500+
RAMRAM installed 512 MB
Max supported RAM 4 GB
RAM form factor DIMM 184-pin
RAM technology DDR SDRAM
Video OutputGraphics processor ATI RADEON XPRESS 200
Video output form factor Integrated
Display (Projector)Display type None.
Service & SupportService & Support type 1 year warranty
Optical StorageCD / DVD type DVD

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Did I get a good PC ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Did I get a good PC ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
what do you use it for?
by nathanpsz2 / January 17, 2006 6:09 AM PST
In reply to: Did I get a good PC ?

it depends on what you use it for. it seems good, except for the graphics card. if you intend to do any kind of gaming, you will want a seperate graphics card with its own memory. i have an hp, and i'm happy with it, but you also might want to look into emachines. i'm not sure about their quality, though.

Collapse -
Give us the basic setup
by Bi0-Hazard / January 17, 2006 7:43 AM PST
In reply to: Did I get a good PC ?

or the make and model# of the PC.

Collapse -
make and model#
by terlee / January 17, 2006 8:39 AM PST

model: presario sr1630nx
desktop pc

not useing it for major gaming just a home use pics, burning music, kid games, games online mostly. making movies. would like to have a 3d grafics card to be able to get 3d screensavers though guess i need it for that. not really sure what all this means completely computer dummy.

Collapse -
You have a great PC
by Bi0-Hazard / January 17, 2006 9:55 AM PST
In reply to: make and model#

Memory and processor are more than enough to tackle your uses for the PC. It will handle your needs with ease. You can always drop in today's video card with its x16 slot. Don't worry, you got a great system ;).

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?