Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Did God Strike Down 13 Muslims, One the Imam?

by James Denison / August 11, 2012 11:46 AM PDT
Well, at least it wasn't a tsunami this time.

At least 13 devotees have been killed by lightning outside a mosque in northeastern Bangladesh.
Local police chief Bayes Ahmed says 20 other people
were injured by the lightning late Friday in Sylhet district. The
victims were struck by the lightning as they were exiting the mosque
following special prayers tied to the holy month of Ramadan.
Ahmed said Saturday that some of those who were killed
died at the scene, while others died on the way to the hospital. He said
the imam who led the prayers was among the dead.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Did God Strike Down 13 Muslims, One the Imam?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Did God Strike Down 13 Muslims, One the Imam?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) No.
by JP Bill / August 11, 2012 12:09 PM PDT
Collapse -
He told you that?
by James Denison / August 11, 2012 1:05 PM PDT
In reply to: No.

Or pulling another out from a sunless place?

Collapse -
RE: He told you that?
by JP Bill / August 11, 2012 1:36 PM PDT
In reply to: He told you that?

Well, YEAH!

You might have heard him respond to me, if you didn't have your head in the sunless place looking for another National Enquirer headline.

if you wanted a response PERSONALLY FROM HIM you should have said

God, did you strike down 13 Muslims, One the Imam?

Collapse -
His actions, speak louder than words
by James Denison / August 11, 2012 1:58 PM PDT
In reply to: RE: He told you that?

and I bet that crack of lightning sounded pretty loud too. What would really be like icing on the cake is if lightning began selectively striking even more imams. So many of them are just merchants of hate. Bangladesh is one of the worst areas for Islamic ethnic violence against others.

Collapse -
Since you want to talk
by JP Bill / August 11, 2012 2:07 PM PDT
Collapse -
ImaM not ImaN..I hope they don't come after me.
by JP Bill / August 11, 2012 2:14 PM PDT
In reply to: Since you want to talk

but ImaN works better with fatman.

Collapse -
LOL, tough guy!
by James Denison / August 11, 2012 2:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Since you want to talk

Not even lightning nor exploding bullets could kill him. Tougher than those Muslims it seems. I bet he was pissed off at his wife taking 2 hours to notice him banging on the door.

Collapse -
I've got an image in my head that I can't shake....
by Tony Holmes / August 11, 2012 9:10 PM PDT

of the imam exiting the mosque as the score from "The Ten Commandments" plays loudly in the background.

It's reminiscent of the lightning strike scene in Caddyshack.

Collapse -
Looking for one of those 72 virgins?
by James Denison / August 11, 2012 1:38 PM PDT
Warning, picture of bloody young dead girl on page, raped and killed.

a gang of Muslims robbed a Buddhist girl, ganged-raped her and murdered her in grisly manner.
She was intercepted while returning home
from work on the evening of 28 May 2012. She was killed by slitting her
throat. Her dead-body also showed several stabbing wounds on the chest,
as well as wounds and cuts on the vaginal and pubic regions.

After news of the grisly rape and murder
spread, nearly 1000 angry protesters from nearby villages marched to
the police station on 29 May, demanding police action against the
barbaric murderers. Three Muslim culprits were arrested on the same
night.

....angered
by arrest of the Muslim culprits, Bengali Muslims started riots on 8th
June 2012 in Moung Daw Township in Arakan State, which borders the line
between Bangladesh and Myanmar. According to the source, the riot was
continuing at the time of reporting at about 9pm Myanmar Time on 8th
June.
Muslims started the riots after the
Friday Ju'ma (congregation) prayers, which is a common occasion for
Muslims to launch violent Jihadi actions and protests all over the
world.

"Bengali Muslims killed at least 10
Arakanese Buddhists and burnt down over 20 Arakanese Buddhist Villages
in Moung Daw Town," wrote the source.
"Muslims burnt down Buddhist Monastery and school," the source added. (more in page)
Collapse -
RE: Three Muslim culprits were arrested on the same night.
by JP Bill / August 11, 2012 1:45 PM PDT

Is that a problem?

Collapse -
not at all
by James Denison / August 11, 2012 1:50 PM PDT

that's what should have been done. The Muslim reaction to the arrest of suspects is the problem.

Collapse -
Just pretend it's the Trayvon Martin, George Z case.
by JP Bill / August 11, 2012 1:57 PM PDT
In reply to: not at all

without the killing and burning.

Collapse -
that has no relevance to this
by James Denison / August 11, 2012 2:00 PM PDT

none at all. You should ask for it to be removed.

Collapse -
RE: that has no relevance
by JP Bill / August 11, 2012 10:13 PM PDT

You don't remember?

Z said it was Gods plan, and you didn't disagree then.

lightning strikes (and gunshot wounds) are under Gods pervue. (according to you)

See the linkage? it should be obvious in your mind.

Gods plan, all part of the big picture.

Collapse -
Not impossible but highly unlikely
by Steven Haninger / August 11, 2012 9:57 PM PDT

Either that or God really hates golf. Devil

Collapse -
James forgot this lightning strike.
by JP Bill / August 11, 2012 10:18 PM PDT
Collapse -
Being rebuilt
by Steven Haninger / August 11, 2012 10:52 PM PDT
Touchdown Jesus

It was an eyesore before and will be an eyesore after, IMO, but they're welcome to it...creates jobs, you know.
Collapse -
that as a monstrosity of idolatry
by James Denison / August 11, 2012 10:57 PM PDT

I hope there was a divine stroke in it.

Collapse -
Oh wow, they were asking for it!
by James Denison / August 11, 2012 11:20 PM PDT
The church, led by Pastor Darlene Bishop....

Maybe they should try actually reading the Bible, discover who can and can't be "pastors" . From the beginning, God has NEVER allowed women to serve in that position. There are other ways they can serve scripturally.
Collapse -
Let's see, in this thread
by Roger NC / August 12, 2012 2:04 AM PDT

you imply that everyone hit by lightning, and maybe by extension everyone who's property is damaged by lightning, is a case of person divine retribution.

And you point out women are not to allowed to be bishops. Why? aren't they good enough or religious enough?

Do you consider everything a direct personal divine intervention?

Collapse -
No, I didn't say that.
by James Denison / August 12, 2012 4:47 AM PDT

You may extrapolate all you wish, but that is something you are doing, and then trying to imply it's someone else. Not very honest of you.

As for why women aren't allowed to be bishops, pastors, shepards, that's God's Word, not mine. The first clue begins in Genesis.

chapter 3

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

The same understanding reiterated in the New Testament to Timothy in chapter 2.

that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. 11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. [/]

Even in the OT, all priests were male. Even so in the NT all church leaders are to be male. It's not my rules, but God's. There are other passages to prove the point, but really, those are more than enough.

Collapse -
Everyone that gets struck by lightning
by Diana Forum moderator / August 11, 2012 11:15 PM PDT

is struck because of God's wrath?

Diana

Collapse -
rocks
by James Denison / August 12, 2012 4:34 AM PDT

people get hit by falling rocks. Some rocks fall on their own and hurt people along a trail in the mountains, but that doesn't mean some may not be tossed intentionally and hit their target. One does not negate the other.

Collapse -
We're studying Job in church
by Diana Forum moderator / August 12, 2012 4:50 AM PDT
In reply to: rocks

Bad things happened to good people. Did Job do anything wrong? You might say that he was rewarded in the end but that didn't help when he was going through the bad times and those kids and servants couldn't be restored.

I was wondering which was worse. A God that punishes people for doing something wrong or one that punishes people on a bet.

Diana

Collapse -
which ever happens to be the case
by James Denison / August 12, 2012 5:05 AM PDT

It's something we'll have to accept and deal with. The interesting thing about Job was seemingly he was a great guy but the rest of his then current family weren't. As I recall all of them were destroyed. Although it doesn't say for sure if his wife died and he married another, it does seem implied. His second family was a very godly one. We then have Noah who was a righteous man, but even though he was allowed to save his family, one of them obviously had some personal problems that would indicate he probably wasn't deserving of salvation if it hadn't been for the sake of his father Noah. It's interesting in the New Testament that Jesus refers back to Noah's day and says in the end it will be the same. Does that mean some may see family members saved even though they didn't deserve it on their own, for the sake of the loved one? An interesting question is posed in Corinthians where it's asked "how do you know if you shall save your spouse" which indicates the possibility of some unbelievers being saved for the sake of those who love them. Another indication is those who ask Jesus "When did we see you hungered or in thirst" and he said they'd be answered "surely as you did it for one of my little ones, you did it to me". Seemingly more unbelievers saved by Jesus.

Romans 9:15 - For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Romans 9:16 - So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Romans 9:18 - Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. (as he did Pharoah's heart to his destruction)

Collapse -
Most of the leaders in the Bible were flawed.
by Diana Forum moderator / August 12, 2012 6:43 AM PDT

So all of Job's kids and servants were bad?

I always feel sorry about his wife. She had and raised ten kids and then had to do it all over again.

Diana

Collapse -
the last word I remember her saying was....
by James Denison / August 12, 2012 8:42 AM PDT

..."curse god and die!"

Collapse -
It seems most unlikely unless God has a particular dislike
by Ziks511 / August 12, 2012 12:44 PM PDT

of golfers who are quite liable to be struck by lightning. Or maybe it's trees He dislikes.

Rob

Collapse -
Don't most of them
by James Denison / August 12, 2012 3:34 PM PDT

get struck on Sunday, while their wives are at church? Wink

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.