General discussion

dial-up disconnect

Every time a phone call comes in, it kicks me off the Internet. I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6000 with a Conexant D110 MDC V.9x modem. Help!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: dial-up disconnect
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: dial-up disconnect
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You need to disable call waiting.
- Collapse -
yep! it does disconnects

how ever there is a software that can prevent this from happening... have you heard of the "Internet Call Waiting "? its a software that allows you to screen your incomming call while you online, this software is avaible thru callwave and i think peoplepc ISP has this feature try it out might lessen your frustration about this issue

- Collapse -
Dial Up../

I don't use any Telephone Company add ons like Call Waiting or Caller ID..
But sometimes use a DATA-Voice Guard..from RadioSHACK..which works very well..I have about 4-of them but seldom use them when I need my Answering Machine..they will allow only ONE Device to operate at a time on a single telephone connection..e.g./if you are useing the PC Modem and pick up a phone/you won't hear the MODEM-noise..the circuit is cut at the DATA-Voice Guard..so is every device in the house line..but it sometimes hangs up slowly so you might have a confusion about the phone being OUT..I only use them once in a while..but their good..check RadioSHACK/they have two types.

- Collapse -
want to remove aol dial up

i need to remove aol dial up when phone rings it makes a very loud noise then freezes my computer. ihave a dell deminsion 3000.i also have verizon dsl broadband and don't need dial up any longer. please help. thank you

CNET Forums