Computer Help forum

General discussion

dfrgntfs.exe using 98% system resources!

hi peeps

well i recently rebuilt my pc,

Antec SLK2600 350w
Asus A7V8X-X
Athlon XP2800+ 'Barton'
512Mb TwinMos PC2700 DDR
Ati Radeon 9700 PRO @ stock
Maxtor 80Gb 7,200RPM 8MB EIDE - 2 partitions
DVD-ROM/CDRW

i did a clean install of xp pro and sp1 everything was fine, few days later the file mentioned in subject shows up in taskmgr showing 98% system resources and this funny enough is makin the pc chugg like hell. i've using norton net security, etc, the pc isn't on a network and isn't connected to the net.
it seems to start running when a game is started.

as far as i know its something to do with defrag?

anyone know a fix to this as it won't close using end task either?

cheers ppl

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: dfrgntfs.exe using 98% system resources!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: dfrgntfs.exe using 98% system resources!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: dfrgntfs.exe using 98% system resources!

In reply to: dfrgntfs.exe using 98% system resources!

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: dfrgntfs.exe using 98% system resources!

ok i must have missed that one, but it seems a lot of the stuff mentioned i have seen on other sites and none seem to certain of a fix. i can't really see one in that link you gave me, can u?

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: dfrgntfs.exe using 98% system resources!

The discussion has some extra fluff, but you should read it and try what they noted.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.