Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Developers converting insane asylum to upscale living space

by Mac McMullen / May 3, 2006 2:33 AM PDT

See article: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/11/asylum.condos.ap/index.html

Maybe they think there is something in the walls that will ''rub off', as there is a story that goes like this:

A reporter was visiting an ''insane asylum'' to do a human interest story.

He came out to leave and found a flat tie. Jacked the car up, removed the lug nuts and placed them in the wheel cover. While removing the flat tire/wheel he bumped the wheel cover and the lug nuts all rolled down the nearby street drain.

He stared at the situation, then turned to a ''resident'' who was sitting on the porch and asked if there was a phone available.

''Nope, but I'll tell you what I would do''

''What's that ?''

''I'd take one nut off each of the other wheels and use them until I got to a garage that could replace all of them''

The reported thought about this, and looked at the resident in surprise.

The resident - ''I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid !''

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Developers converting insane asylum to upscale living space
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Developers converting insane asylum to upscale living space
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That one they are converting in Danvers, MA is
by Rolway / May 3, 2006 3:04 AM PDT

something else. I have been in there..NOT as a patient, but a guest of a neighbor who supplied the commissary food chain for the whole asylum. We had lunch in there. I'll say one thing, I would not buy into one of those Condos. Theres more spooks and ghosts over there than the Indian burial grounds.

A proper name for the place would be Cuckoo Condos. Every time I take Rt. 62 to Danvers, going by there reminds of that movie. "One flew over the Cuckoos nest.

George

Collapse -
I believe the Danvers asylum
by Rick S / May 3, 2006 3:09 AM PDT
Collapse -
Yes, it was Rick..
by Rolway / May 3, 2006 3:41 AM PDT

Heres a section from your link. I'm not familiar with that movie, but it sounds interesting.

I will tell you, however, that the protagonists are members of a hazardous materials removal team embarking on a job at the massive, imposing, long-abandoned Danvers State Mental Hospital (a real place in Massachusetts, BTW. So no, the Danvers name is not a tip of the hat to REBECCA! :-). This bat-shaped behemoth of a building is so remarkable that it feels like a character in its own right. But even before the men set foot in Danvers, the stage is set for tension and trouble.

George

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!