General discussion

Destop Disapeared and BSOD

okay, something is wrong with my computer. i first noticed a problem a few days ago when my desktop wallpaper diapered. the weird thing though is that the wallpaper isn't actually gone becasue every time i start up my computer or shut it down, or even go into standby, my wallpaper comes back for a sec. so its not like windows lost it, or i deleted it or something, its like something has taken control of my wallpaper like a virus or something.

i didn't think much of it at first until yesterday my computer has started get the Blue Screen of Death constantly (about 7 times total). ive tried scanning it for viruses and maleware using AVG and Spy bot S&D but haven't successfully finished a scan because of BSOD's.

any help is appreciated. im a tech guy so you can get as technical in your respond as you want, but this on has me stumped...

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Destop Disapeared and BSOD
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Destop Disapeared and BSOD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info