General discussion

Desktop will not boot

I recently replaced my HD with a WD80G drive, I installed the HD and ran the CD that came with it.

Since the computer was given to me I did not have any boot discs or CD's or OS to install so I purchased the full version of XP home edition for $200.00.

Upon placing the CD into the drive to install it the system told me that Setup will now format the HD which I did, after the formatting I got a blue Windows setup screen showing me that the setup files are being installed to a folder on the HD.

Once setup reached 100% the system told me that it would reboot and install XP, once it rebooted after it detected the HD as Primary master and the CD as Primary slave and secondarys being none, the cursor justs sits there and blinks after the word "none" and nothing happens.

I went into BIOS to show the new hardware and to change the boot settings to all possibilities but the system still will not boot up.

I have spent around $500.00 on hardware and software for this thing and nothing is working, I need some serious help with this.

P3 500MHz
128MB ram
MOBO ??
CPU??
HD WD80GIG

All help would be appreciated!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Desktop will not boot
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Desktop will not boot
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Gave you an input in the CH forum.

Which forum do you plan to use for a continuing thread?? We can't watch them all. LOL

- Collapse -
Desktop will not boot

Ray,

Guess I will use the CH forum since I do need the help..............sorry.

Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info