I would start with :
Please download ewido anti-malware from [url=http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ here it is a free version of the program.
1. Install ewido security suite
2. When installing, under ''Additional Options'' uncheck..
* Install background guard
* Install scan via context menu
3. Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
4. The program will now open to the main screen.
5. When you run ewido for the first time, you will get a warning ''Database could not be found!''. Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
6. You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
* On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
* Then click on Start Update.
7. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the bottom will display (''Update successful'')
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.
[url=http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/ ewido manual updates
Once the updates are installed do the following:
* Click on scanner
* Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
* You will be prompted to clean the first infection.
* Select ''Perform action on all infections'', then proceed.
* Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
* Click Save report.
* Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find it easily.
Close ewido anti-malware.
I have what appears to be a desktop spyware infection, it changed my desktop to a blue screen that says "Spyware Infection, etc"...and in the right hand corner there is a red circle with an x through it that says "Windows has detected spyware infection, etc, etc". I ran Ad-Aware, which seemed to do nothing, and I have a firewall...any suggestions?