HolidayBuyer's Guide

Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

General discussion

Desktop publishing software that runs in the cloud (online).

by gfxeditor / November 23, 2010 11:14 AM PST

Hello,

Apparently, the moderator has a problem with online software. So he wants to trash my thread about online desktop publishing software. This is outrageous!

Here is the thread:

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7574_102-506513.html?tag=threadListing;forum-threads

If my thread gets thrashed just because its about online software, I will go further with this and complain to cnet staff. This is not fair! He also blocked my account.

What you guy sd think? Shoudl you call a software for "Fail" just because its online and the user can't always get online?

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Desktop publishing software that runs in the cloud (online).
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Desktop publishing software that runs in the cloud (online).
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I noted this about all cloud software.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 24, 2010 1:37 AM PST

Since I travel, the cloud is not very accessible so I noted it in hopes authors will re-think the cloud only solutions.

If calling this a fail because it demands an internet connection when such is not required (photo editing for example) then how is that unhelpful?

Yes I'm seeing a lot of excitement over cloud based apps but you find folk that are rushing to put everything on a cloud but what to do on cloudless days?
Bob

Collapse -
Let the people to decide what's useful for them.
by gfxeditor / November 24, 2010 2:58 AM PST

There are millions of users that would gladly use a free cloud solution for doing whatever they need done... Now days lots of people are connected in their homes all day long with high speed internet... I really don't see a problem here.

It is not up to you to decide on behalf of millions of users weather or not something is usefull for them or not, and this is exatly what you are doing here... Let people judge for themselves, please... Of course you can have your point of view, put here on the forum, you should let people make their own minds about this issue.

On cloudless day, they just don't use it, whats the big deal? If people want to use they go online, what do they have to loose? Lots of companies givng out lots of good stuff for creative people to use online, and millions are usinging these apps. It's just an alternative, more options for those that want it. Nobody is forcing people to jump to the online wagon...

Collapse -
I'm confused.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 24, 2010 3:39 AM PST

The thread you linked to was started by username "draw-paint-design-graphic".

You say the Moderator wanted to trash your thread. You say your account has been blocked.

Are you, "gfxeditor" and "draw-paint-design-graphic" one and the same person?

I noticed that "draw-paint-design-graphic" has only been a member since Nov 20th, the day that thread was started.

If you are both, I have to wonder why you decided to create a new account to discuss this subject, especially considering your gfxeditor account profile shows you have a specific interest in online, (cloud), tools, for example;

"Founder of Mersica Inc. and the developer of http:// www.gfxeditor.com, the most advanced free online graphics / image / photo editor. "With this release, we are definitely pushing the bar higher in the online graphics application space."

I would also have to wonder why you are promoting an apparently competing service.

Mark

Collapse -
I forgot I had that Gfxeditor account.
by gfxeditor / November 24, 2010 3:50 AM PST
In reply to: I'm confused.

I forgot I had the gfxeditor account. So I created "draw-paint-design-graphic"... But then, when I was unable to reply to the thread I created, and was unable to create new threads with the account, I tryed to open a new one, and discovered that the email I used already existed, this is how I found out that I had this old account "gfxeditor". If you take a look at it, you'll see that it is pretty old and have not been used for a long time, I totally forgot about it.

GfxEditor is the old name for Fatpaint.

I just wanted to create a list with links to online desktop publishing software. Anyone can poast in there and I start the thread by saying so.

Thanks

Collapse -
Forum Policy
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 24, 2010 3:58 AM PST

So, you are promoting your own web services?

This might explain why your other account has been blocked. Forum Policy for these forums prevent advertising and promotions. "Advertisements are not allowed in this venu".

Sorry, but I am locking this thread, and asking the Forum Admin to remove all clickable links to such advertised services.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.