General discussion

Desktop Background Help

Hello,
Wondering if anyone can help, im runnin SP2. Lately i have been unable to set a desktop bg from within my folders, by right clickin set as..... i can set them from display option and frm the web. can anyone offer up a solution or tell me whats wrong?

Thanks

hp

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Desktop Background Help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Desktop Background Help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I've never seen

a Right Click, set as Background before from within a Windows Explorer or My Documents folder.

The only right clicking option I can remember is an image from a web site in Internet Explorer, and selecting "Set as Wallpaper".

Are you sure your method is right?

There is another way to set a desktop background. Open up MSPaint, (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint), find and open your image and in the File menu select "Set as Background (centered, or tiled)".

Other than that, I'm not sure what method you mean.

Mark

- Collapse -
Re: Desktop Background Help

Probable nothing is wrong, but your description misses specificities. For example, you can view a folder in Thumbnail View (instead of Details). In this case, just right click a jpg file and you?ll see the option. In Details view the option lacks.

So, I?ve just described a situation (normal) where the option lacks.

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

CNET Forums

Forum Info