Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Deporting people? How about deporting flying squirrels...

by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / October 7, 2004 7:16 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Deporting people? How about deporting flying squirrels...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Deporting people? How about deporting flying squirrels...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wonder
by TONI H / October 7, 2004 7:21 AM PDT

Since the squirrel was purchased for research, could the first test be to see if it would chew off the nuts of all the gutless wonders (leaders/terrorists) of the world?

TONI

Collapse -
Re: Wonder
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / October 7, 2004 7:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Wonder

Well, since you wonder, I suppose you can also dream of what you are wondering about.

For me, I had enough of the *KILLING FIELDS* to even bother to think about it.

I sent in my $50.00 bucks. Would you like to be helpful for a change? Wink

Collapse -
Aren't you special?
by TONI H / October 7, 2004 7:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Wonder

What's with the 'for a change' crap? Your generosity doesn't erase your usual attitude.

TONI

Collapse -
Re: Aren't you special?
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / October 7, 2004 7:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Aren't you special?

What's with the 'for a change' crap? Your generosity doesn't erase your usual attitude.

TONI

Posted by: TONI H Posted on: 10/07/2004 2:28 PM
====================================

To refresh, I said...

I sent in my $50.00 bucks. Would you like to be helpful for a change?

What this means ---> Do you have a change to spare?

Haven't you heard the beggars use to say ---"Change Madame, please" or "Spare some changes Madame"

What are you thinking?

Collapse -
Wrong
by TONI H / October 7, 2004 7:51 AM PDT

Your interpretation would be "would you care to donate some spare change"?

Your specific wording was "would you like to be helpful for a change"....interpreted by most people to be "you aren't normally helpful so would you like to change that"

It's a flat out discount of the person you're speaking to.........

TONI

Collapse -
Clarified....
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / October 7, 2004 8:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Wrong

I gave you my clarification...

What this means ---> Do you have a change to spare?

If this is not ACCEPTABLE to your understanding...why not just delete it to your satisfaction.

First of all, this is about a flying squirrel and not about TERRORIST. You find the need to insult my post bringing in something that is off topic.

It also talks about donation. I thought I could get you to help. But what instead?

Why are you doing this to me? What's with this harshness?

If I am not a Muslim, would you ever bring this TERRORIST into any members POST?

Collapse -
Re: Wonder
by David Evans / October 7, 2004 8:12 AM PDT

> I sent in my $50.00 bucks. Would you like to be helpful for a change?

Put a sock in it CL and stop the insults toward Toni. Your feigned attempt to claim you were misunderstood fails.

DE

Collapse -
Perhaps you should bug out David E....
by John Robie / October 7, 2004 9:09 AM PDT

Agree CL did a number there, but so did my friend Toni with her initial "to see if it would chew off the nuts of all the gutless wonders (leaders/terrorists) of the world?"

I like to see a little evenness instead of a gang up, even tho I do not support the Muslims or Islams...etc..

Collapse -
I took CL's original post to be humorous
by TONI H / October 7, 2004 8:38 PM PDT

and responded in that way....

How many times has CL taken an SE post by somebody and responded with a nonsensical post for the same reason? We, at SE, have found humor in many topics here....I guess humor is in the 'eye of the beholder'.

TONI

Collapse -
Flying squirrels from the bat family?

Nope...
It's from the squirrel family.

Woodchuck or Groundhog - Marmota monax
Gray squirrel - Sciurus carolinensis
Fox squirrel - Sciurus niger
Thirteen-lined ground squirrel - Spermophilus tridecemlineatus
Eastern chipmunk - Tamias striatus
Red squirrel - Tamiasciurus hudsonicus
Northern flying squirrel - Glaucomys sabrinus
Southern flying squirrel - Glaucomys volans

Source: http://www.carnegiemnh.org/mammals/collections/PAmamm/PAmamB2.htm

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) deport flying squirrels? - Where's Rocky when needed?
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?