General discussion

Dependable laptop for PowerPoint and DVD playing

Used my wife's Insperion the other night for a PowerPoint and DVD presentation and it overheated and shut off. This makes the 4th problem in a year (modem, keyboard glitch, overheating, powercord) and I am tired of calling India support to no avail.

I am in the market for a dependable computer with respectable support for my small non-profit business. Will be presenting powerpoints and playing DVD's in a public setting so to say the least performance is prefered to an embarising situation.

I also do desktop publishing and other office type stuff.

I need this baby to last 3-5 yrs on the tech curve before it becomes a paperweight.

I am looking at IBM and Toshiba as my two choice companies. I want to talk to an american if possible for tech support.

I assume the following to be adiquite specs:
$2,000 to maybe $2,500 price range

XP PRO
Centrino M or maybe new chip (1.8 to ?)
768 -1 GIG?
64 or 128 video memory Radeon 9,600 or 9,700
DVD/RW/R super drive
4 yr warrenty

Toshiba Satalite or thinkpad? I am just tired of Dell support.

Comments?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Dependable laptop for PowerPoint and DVD playing
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Dependable laptop for PowerPoint and DVD playing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info