Question

denon receiver dvr1912

I am concerned about the CNET review which states "jitterry" problems with connecting the dvr1912 to a Panasonic plasma TV. I am planning to buy a Samsung plasma TC P60g25 Tv. Is this going to be a similar problematic combo???

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: denon receiver dvr1912
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: denon receiver dvr1912
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Line up your ducks.

In other words, know what you can return to the store if this happens.
Bob

- Collapse -
re "line up Your Ducks"

Good thought and much appreciated. But I was questioning whether the DVR 1912 had an endemic problem with other plasmas (than the specific one cited). And if a different receiver might therefore be a better fit with my TC P60g25.

- Collapse -
I'm going to have to write yes.

I'm finding more consumers to balk as what we used to take for granted. Lip sync, a color being off, off axis viewing and the list goes on and on means that today's buyers are far less forgiving.

They don't want to hear that jitter can be found in the source material but expect it to be smoothed out by the components. Then we have the folk that sell this. They are often little more than a transport of the box from makers to users.

Be sure you have return policies in place before you pay.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Denon receiver dvr1912 - problem with plasma tv?

CNET review of Denon DVR1912 receiver cites a "jitterry" problem when connected to a Panasonic plasma TV. Would there be a similar problem connecting to my Samsung plasma TC P60G25 TV?

- Collapse -
Answer
denon receiver dvr1912

I guess you mean the AVR1912. I read the review twice and the only video comment was that the 1912 menu system is output in 480i and was difficult to read on a SAMSUNG (I don't know if LCD or plasma) but easier to read on a different display. The review said menu legibility depends on the way a display handles standard definition video. The review didn't mention video processing.

CNET Forums