HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Denon AVR 4311 - Crackling Sound

by beniospit / August 23, 2013 2:00 AM PDT

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Hi there,<span>

<span>Thought I'd share some feedback with regards to the Denon AVR 4311. Bought this receiver in Singapore back in October 2011 and just looked and sounded perfect coupled with a pair of KEF speakers - very proud indeed until... read on...
<span>

<span>Back in December 2012, the receiver started to make some pop/crackling sounds while listening to music from my Apple TV coming out from my 5.1 surround system - gosh that was scary so I decided to switch off the receiver immediately. After a few days it was working ok until on 18th January 2013 it started again and again on 24th January... What on earth is going on? I was really worried... so I decided to go to Denon Service Center with the heavy receiver and told the folks about the crackling sounds (you can hear what it sounds like at the end of this thread). The guys said it may be the humidity, or the HDMI board that may need to be changed but after 3 weeks in their shop they found no issue, they just cleaned the inside of the receiver.
<span>

<span>On 29th June 2013, I was watching a blu-ray in 5.1 DTS-HD and 45 minutes later heard the same issue and on top of that the audio started to deteriorate... WT?? A week later same issue again.
<span>

<span>You can understand my despair and anger with this issue - this is a receiver made in Japan, it was expensive and you would think that for the high price you paid you would get a quality and reliable receiver... I am not so sure anymore.
<span>

<span>A point to note though it seems the issue only happens when switching to blu-ray and DTS-HD - somehow this never happens when I listen a CD or watch TV in stereo.
<span>

<span>I've spent lots of time (too much time) searching for answers on the web and found this forum - I hope someone out there has encountered something similar and want to share their experiences.
<span>

<span>Apologies about the long thread but I thought it was kind of necessary to share some context.
<span>

<span>P.S. what even sucks more is the warranty only covered 1 year so if there are any parts that need to be changed then it's on me.<div><span>

<span>Link to the crackling sound: www.avsforum.com/attachments/71560
<span>

<span>Thanks.
</div><span>

<span>Ben

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Denon AVR 4311 - Crackling Sound
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Denon AVR 4311 - Crackling Sound
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Why all the span? Cross posted at link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 23, 2013 2:04 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks Bob
by beniospit / August 23, 2013 11:23 AM PDT

Thanks for your advice, I've already posted on AVS so let's see if anyone else is experiencing this... no idea where these "span" came from though.

Cheers.

Ben

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.