Desktops forum

General discussion

Dell XPS 410 / Dimension 9200

Hi, I'm shopping around for a new desktop computer and one of the ones I'm looking at is a Dell XPS 410. I've seen some of these listed on eBay that say the XPS 410 is the same as a Dimension 9200. Is this true? Also, all of those have a budget graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE) which seems to say it is true. I've seen other XPS 410s that don't say they are the same as the 9200s and those have better graphics cards. Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell XPS 410 / Dimension 9200
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell XPS 410 / Dimension 9200
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Buy It

In reply to: Dell XPS 410 / Dimension 9200

I recently purchased an XPS 410 and i'm glad I did. Yeah they say its proprietory but if you need to upgrade Dells prices are comparable to others. Yes the XPS 410 is similar to the 9200c. You get better support when buying an XPS. There are I believe 2 other choices with video card besides the 7300le. ATI X1300 and a better nVidia card. I chose the 7300Le just to see how well it performed. So far so good on Stronghold2, Black & White 2 and Unreal trilogy. I know there not the most demanding games but the graphics are flawless. Very smooth. This is my configuration: 2.13 core Duo cpu, 2 gigs of memory, 250 gb/Hd, 20" Ultra sharp wide screen panel, 13 in 1 card reader, 48x combo and 16x DVD+/-RW, and a lot of other goodies. The 410 starts at $999 but my config was $1500 still less than what I paid for my old one 7 years ago. Its all Vista compatable if dare to upgrade. Good luck on your search.

Collapse -
I bought it

In reply to: Buy It

Hi, thanks for your reply. I actually went ahead and ordered the XPS 410, and it arrived last Tuesday. Mine has pretty much the same configuration as yours, except I only got 1G RAM. And I ordered the SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic sound card, but they sent Audigy instead. I contacted Dell by email, and by the next day they said they had shipped out the card I ordered - at no charge, of course.

I'm not a gamer, but I do a lot of photo editing, so I've always had a CRT monitor in the past. I'm still trying to get used to this widescreen flat panel LCD. I think I'll really like it once I get it set up properly, but for now, everything looks a little strange to me. Other than that, I'm really happy with it so far.

Collapse -
good coice

In reply to: I bought it

you can wait til directx 10 and then upgrase to a 8800 or atis new line wen it comes out... my pc was 1200 bucks that i built myself, (C2D 2.4 ghz, 2 gb ddr2 667 ram, sli mb, 300, 250 gb hdd one wif vista trial, another wif MCE, 620 watt modular psu, 7900 gto(its the same as a 7900 gtx besides hd dvd, since dx10 is comming out i did the cheapo route so i can have sli in 6 mounths or so dells are ok but if you r experienced then build it urself kuz my pc is as good as a 3500 dolar one from hypersonic-pc.com ^_^ mine was less then half i saved 2300 bucks from a do it myself

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.