Question

Dell XPS 15 (2015) vs Asus Zenbook Pro UX501

Dec 30, 2015 8:28AM PST

Hi everyone,
I'm looking at getting a new laptop but having a hard time deciding between these two and I haven't been able to find any comparison reviews between the Asus zenbook pro and the newest version of the xps 15 with the infinity display. If anyone had any experience with these and could offer a recommendation, that would be great.

The specs of the two are:
Dell xps 2015 - 6th gen i7-6700HQ, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, GTX 960M graphics

Asus Zenbook Pro - 4th gen i7 4720HQ, 1TB HDD +256GB SSD, 12GB RAM, GTX 960M graphics

Im writing from the UK and the Asus is roughly £350 cheaper than the Dell

Cheers
Rhys

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Dell XPS 15 (2015) vs Asus Zenbook Pro UX501
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Dell XPS 15 (2015) vs Asus Zenbook Pro UX501
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sorry but it would be rare to get first hand experience with
Dec 30, 2015 8:38AM PST

Both. I've seen similar and own something similar to the Asus you noted.

Both are great machines with good reviews. I would be guessing this is not only about the budget but the gaming results.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-960M.138006.0.html sees a lot of green so your gamer should be fine with laptops with that GPU.

As to the 12 to 16GB RAM, it's in that diminishing return zone. As in less than a per cent point effect.

For you the Asus may be the right move.

- Collapse -
Thanks
Dec 30, 2015 8:46AM PST

for the reply and sorry, i can imagine that it'd be rare to have experience with both. Let me rephrase to say if anyone could give a recommendation based on the given specs.

Yes gaming would be a requirement but also I'd be using 3D CAD software

CNET Forums

Forum Info