Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Dell Vista Upgrade Program-FYI

by kpo6969 / January 30, 2007 9:04 AM PST

This program was a ripoff. I bought my computer from Dell in November with a free express upgrade to Vista when it was released. Anyone who is registered for this upgrade is being told today that we can expect to receive it in 6-8 weeks. Anyone who ordered a system as of last Saturday will have it in 10 days with Vista installed. Dell's website to register your upgrade has not worked properly since it started Oct26th.There are many people who have not been able to register their upgrade for the past 2 months.There are very many angry people posting on the Dell forum. I would have waited to buy if I had known this.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell Vista Upgrade Program-FYI
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell Vista Upgrade Program-FYI
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Question
by kpo6969 / January 30, 2007 12:19 PM PST

It must be a coincidence that every time for the last 2 hours I can't get to any of the forums? I will keep my opinions to my self next time. Sorry for any inconvience.

Collapse -
It's not you
by Jherr201 / January 31, 2007 12:02 AM PST
In reply to: Question

I experienced the same problem last night. Couldn't get into any of the forums. It happens some time. Perhaps the servers got overloaded. I gave up after about an hour then today, back on with no problem.
Your post was informative and perhaps will help others with that issue.
Keep us informed of any progress.
Good luck
C J

Collapse -
Same problem with HP
by FpLiOnYkD / January 31, 2007 12:25 AM PST
In reply to: It's not you

I bought an HP in Dec. The website I was given was incorrect and I had to hunt the website down. Once I reached the website, it too was having difficutly. Therefore, I was never able to apply for the upgrade until Jan. 5. They state to allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.

Collapse -
Registered Since 11/29/06
by kpo6969 / January 31, 2007 12:39 AM PST
In reply to: Same problem with HP

and told as of 1/30/07 6-8weeks

Collapse -
UPDATE 2/01/07
by kpo6969 / February 1, 2007 4:12 AM PST

Was told yesterday upgrade website would be back up today. Today it is still down and being told to try again tomorrow. What a fiasco this whole program is turning out to be.

Collapse -
Problems getting Vista Express Upgrade
by edward.lynch / April 16, 2007 10:53 AM PDT
In reply to: UPDATE 2/01/07

Same problem here.Their site had many problems. Finally got thru and sent in all required material. Was approved and told to wait 6 to 8 weeks, I've been waiting for 13 weeks now. Moduslink told me 4 different things on the same day!
1. My order was cancelled, they don't know why.
2. It was shipped over a month ago.
3. My order has been approved for 13 weeks, but NOT shipped.
4. Moduslink can't ship to Gateway users, because of driver issues.
So I called Gateway, and was told to contact Microsoft, Contacted Microsoft and was told to contact Gateway again, I did and was told that only Microsoft or Moduslink could send the Vista upgrade, So I contacted Microsoft and Moduslink again and was told they were sorry but there is nothing they can do. I've wasted so much time and money for NOTHING. No wonder everybody HATES Microsoft and Vista.
Ed Lynch 4-16-07

Collapse -
Update
by kpo6969 / April 16, 2007 3:04 PM PDT

Still waiting for my upgrade. Redeemed 11/29/06. Dell and Zomax. Reason for my delay I'm being told is bad Nvidia drivers. They have to re-manufacture all the disks with the proper drivers for my system setup.

Collapse -
Dell "Excuse of the Day"
by kcbsmp / April 24, 2007 11:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Update

I contacted Dell last week to get an answer for the delay. Their vague reasoning to me was some mumbo jumbo that Dell had partnered with Microsoft and DHL (shipping) to get the upgrade out, and somehow logistical problems with that partnership was creating delays.

Good grief.

I was also told - worst case scenario - that I would get my updgrade no later than May 30. (I purchased my PC on 2/16). Isn't that reassuring?

Collapse -
Got it
by kpo6969 / May 19, 2007 4:56 AM PDT

received 5/18/07
redeemed 11/29/06
released 1/30/07

Ou well, I couldn't wait and bought retail version last month.

Collapse -
My vista upgrade is a big scam
by daddys4 / May 20, 2007 1:41 PM PDT
In reply to: Got it

I am so mad I cant see straight. I bought a gateway laptop in january and I was told I would get a free vista upgrade and "all" I had to do was send in my proof of purchase, a copy of the receipt and a copy of the confirmation page. Well I have received 3 letters and e-mail saying they cant process the upgrade until I send them the info. So I have sent the items 3 times to them and today I got an email saying they need the info. This same thing has happened to my friend also. Now I cant find the confirmation page so I guess all this was a big scam. Anyone else have this problem? I would love to hear from you. And of course they give me no phone # to talk to be able to talk to someone.

Dave Johnson
lauraskenny@hotmail.com

Collapse -
Contact the BBB
by edward.lynch / May 20, 2007 10:17 PM PDT

The same thing happened to me, however after I filed a complaint with the BBB against both Gateway and Microsoft, I had the free upgrade in 10 days. Thanks BBB.

Collapse -
Being shiped
by daddys4 / May 21, 2007 12:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Contact the BBB

They just sent me an e-mail saying the validation is complete and they will be processing my order. I will beleive it when it's in my mail box.

Collapse -
Vista Upgrade
by EwanEwan / February 8, 2008 6:24 AM PST

I have been waiting for my disk since December 2006 when I paid $10.00 for shipping and told it would take a month to get it,I think they should give us all a premium upgrade. It will be the last time I buy a dell computer.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?