Dell forum

Rant

Dell Outlet seems to be a total lie / fraud lately

Just had a bizarre experience with Dell, that leads me to believe that they are using the outlet to dump defective machines on to unsuspecting customers.

First machine I purchased was refurbished (allegedly), and received one with a defective screen. This was clearly the reason why this machine had been returned by the original customer, and Dell, instead of actually refurbishing it, simply put it back in circulation, presumably hoping that the next customer wouldn't notice.

Second machine was scratch-and-dent (allegedly), and received one with a keyboard that kept popping out at a corner. A closer look revealed that some Dell employee had noticed the defect, and stuck some sticky tape underneath to keep it in place. Again, instead of refurbishing the machine, a blatant attempt to pass off a defective machine to the next unsuspecting customer.

I have been a long time customer of Dell. I have trusted the company to do the right thing. But this kind of behavior is simply fraudulent. Who knows how many other customers have been duped. They have certainly lost me as a customer, and I hope others will stand up and voice their anger as well.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell Outlet seems to be a total lie / fraud lately
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell Outlet seems to be a total lie / fraud lately
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Return under warranty or S/H damage, etc., RMA

In reply to: Dell Outlet seems to be a total lie / fraud lately

Collapse -
Was it new or refurb?

In reply to: Dell Outlet seems to be a total lie / fraud lately

I've had great luck with company refurbs so I'd like to hear if this was new and if refurb, what country.
Bob

Collapse -
One was refurb and the other scratch-and-dent ... in USA

In reply to: Was it new or refurb?

My point is that they ought to be *really* refurbishing the product (restoring it to factory specs) before putting it on the outlet. Instead, in these two cases, they seemed to have tried to put the product back into circulation without taking care of the original issue, hoping that the next customer would not notice.

I was appalled at the way they put some sticky tape under a bad keyboard, and passed it off as scratch-and-dent. The keyboard started popping out within half an hour of use. A scratch-and-dent is supposed to have cosmetic issues only.

Seems to me that they are making a fraudulent claim that these machines have been restored to factory specs. They are cutting corners, and trying to sneak by what they can.

All in all, I have wasted 3-4 weeks on this crap - between the returns, exchanges and service calls. Not sure how they think they can run a business this way.

Collapse -
Thanks for clarifying.

In reply to: One was refurb and the other scratch-and-dent ... in USA

I've had no issues with the maker's refurbs but scratch and dent does not get the full attention so what if some customer did that repair and it went un-noticed? Well, we'll never know. In your case I'd avoid scratch and dent because it does not meet your needs.
bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.