Question

Dell latitude e6530 wlan card

Mar 10, 2020 10:41AM PDT

Hi,

I just changed my network card for the intel 7260 . And after that the laptop wont start? I did not touch anywhere else.

Idea?

Edit: only thing I see, the old one had 3 connectors and new one 2, so the grey wire is not connected.

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Dell latitude e6530 wlan card
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Dell latitude e6530 wlan card
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Follow up
Mar 10, 2020 11:27AM PDT

I tried without and the laptop starts, I tried with the old one and starts too

- Collapse -
Could be the old issue.
Mar 10, 2020 12:43PM PDT

Many BIOS have a WHITELIST of accepted WiFi cards and will not boot if the cards are not in the list. This is well discussed so I pause here.

CNET Forums

Forum Info