Question

Dell keyboard issue on Dell E310

Hello computer professionals! The aforementioned pc running Windows 7 recently spontaneously began to NOT recognize the keyboard. I have tried it on other windows pc's with no problem. It is getting power and i have also tried it in all my other usb ports. I have also ran Dells diagnostic support program to no avail. It works fine until Windows boots up. I have restored back to an earlier system restore point and unonstalled it with success until Windows updates the driver. I cannot find any setting in the BIOS for the keyboard. I have also disabled automatic driver updates from Windows but without fail when Windows boots it replaces the functioning driver with the non-functioning one. Please advise and thank you in advance!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Dell keyboard issue on Dell E310
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Dell keyboard issue on Dell E310
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
DId you disable W7's driver updates?
- Collapse -
Keyboard

Yes I did that also.

- Collapse -
Then something new is up.

I worry that at some point something other than than the Windows keyboard drivers were installed. We did run into this issue with a certain version of Logitech drivers and it resulted in an OS reload.

If not that, be sure to avoid front USB ports and if you have a PS2 keyboard port, use that.

- Collapse -
This is new.

Getting bsod now. Everytime windows tries to boot up.

- Collapse -
The story is leading me to write

Post was last edited on May 4, 2018 8:52 AM PDT

- Collapse -
Ok

I'll try that list and let you know thanks!

- Collapse -
that's an old computer
- Collapse -
Answer
No infection found

I just formatted it and started over. Thanks folks!!!

CNET Forums

Forum Info