Dell forum

General discussion

Dell Inspiron E1505 Battery

by wbjones50 / March 21, 2009 7:15 AM PDT

My Inspiron is experiencing power issues. The older battery stays at 86% and charging. When the AC adapter is removed the computer turns off immediately. I bought a new battery and the computer says no battery is present and again turns off when the AC adapter is removed. What are my options besides buying a new computer. Obviously a new battery is not the issue. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell Inspiron E1505 Battery
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell Inspiron E1505 Battery
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I've seen this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2009 7:25 AM PDT

It should be interesting to see Dell's answer but tell a little more about the replacement battery. What Dell part number did you get for that battery? That way everyone can check to see if it was the right battery.

More about my experience. The owner had picked up an OEM battery. It never worked out. In the end they were bitter about it and while I commiserated about it they expected me to fix the OEM battery!
Bob

Collapse -
I've seen this...
by wbjones50 / March 21, 2009 7:32 AM PDT
In reply to: I've seen this.

the replacement battery:
type:6400 GD761/KD476
rating: 11.1 v 7200mah

Collapse -
That doesn't look like a Dell part number.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2009 7:43 AM PDT
In reply to: I've seen this...

Tell the make please and let's hope it's a Dell. Just sharing we ordered the Dell battery for my friend above and it's working fine now. He still is smarting over the OEM adventure.

Collapse -
Battery Type
by wbjones50 / March 21, 2009 7:47 AM PDT

This is not a Dell battery. I bought it through a battery warehouse. Did I goof?

Collapse -
Battery Type
by silkphoenix / March 21, 2009 10:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Battery Type

I have bought a non-Dell battery a few months ago and have no problem with it so far. It's ridiculous for Dell to charge so much for their battery. The price you pay can almost buy a brand new no-frill laptop! Mine costs more than 50% less than Dell's. I suggest you contact the seller about the battery, maybe you got a damaged one.

Collapse -
Bad Notebook batteries
by Tombee56 / May 14, 2009 3:30 AM PDT

I came across a customer whose replacement battery was behaving similarly. Apparently they'd bought it from a famous online auction site and upon checking back with my technical support team at Dell, the serial number indicated it was a counterfeit. I had to advise the customer that best thing to do was to order direct from Dell. That was about 2 months ago. Haven't been back so I assume everything is OK now.

Even looking at the battery and the way it sat in the Notebook there was something wrong about the appearance...uneven gaps etc. around the battery.

Hope that may help.

Collapse -
Dell Inspiron E1505 Battery
by LawrenceLuo / June 25, 2009 4:01 PM PDT

<a href="http://www.hunt360.net/inspiron-e1505.htm">Dell Inspiron E1505 Battery</a>
My original E1505 battery is dying fast. It seemd to its deadline. And at this case i am looking forward to buying a new E1505 battery replacement:
http://www.hunt360.net/inspiron-e1505.htm i found this website from the google engine.6600 mAh at discounted USD 74.68
One year warranty and 30 days money back! Shipping all over the world.
Any one give me some adivice?

Collapse -
Dell Inspiron E1505 - Battery issues
by cimigues / November 13, 2009 2:27 AM PST

I?m having trouble with my battery too!
I bought my notebook on December of 2006 (I know it?s an oldie!) but it was working good until now, the problem is my battery.

My notebook's original battery worked for like a year and a half than after that I had to always use it plug in.

I took a while to replace the battery but I finally did last June, I bought from a website, but I made sure it was the right model(model number:GSD6400) it worked for 4 months, but it isn?t anymore! It says that it?s charging but it?s stuck on 31% and the battery feels is cold all the time and every time the AC adapter is removed the note shuts down.

Does anybody know a program that can find out if the problem is my note or the battery?

Thanks =)

Collapse -
Looks the same to me.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 14, 2009 12:09 AM PST

You didn't get a Dell battery from Dell. Some rail against that but what happened a few months ago with batteries catching fire and the liability problem meant that makers had to lock out non-maker batteries.

There is no such program.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?