Dell forum

Question

Dell Inspiron 7559 Second Monitor Problems

I've bought a new monitor Dell E2416H recently.
When I try to use that with my laptop using HDMI-to-VGA converter, my second monitor won't display.
I've checked using Intel Graphics Settings, my laptop detected second monitor, but still not working.
I've also checked Device Manager, updated drivers...
I've also tried to use other HDMI-to-VGA converter, but it is not working, too.
Is anyone know how to fix this?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell Inspiron 7559 Second Monitor Problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell Inspiron 7559 Second Monitor Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Now you know

In reply to: Dell Inspiron 7559 Second Monitor Problems

the adapter doesn't work.

Collapse -
Not the adapter

In reply to: Now you know

I tried to use different adapters but still not working
I tried to use adapter and 2nd monitor with other laptop, everything normal

Collapse -
If it's "new"

In reply to: Not the adapter

...then why aren't you using HDMI to HDMI on it? HDMI is digital, VGA is analog.

Collapse -
Tried! But Failed

In reply to: If it's "new"

First of all,Dell E2416H has VGA only, do not have HDMI
I tried HDMI to HDMI with other Dell Monitor which supports HDMI but still not working

Collapse -
That's information that points to a possible solution

In reply to: Tried! But Failed

Two graphics related problems. I suspect you need to reinstall all your motherboard or manufacturer driver files, particularly the ones for it's video chip, which related to the OS you are currently running. Without those, all you will have is the windows generic video driver files and that's not sufficient for what you want, and need.

Collapse -
Answer
I've found NO SUPPORT for such adapters.

Collapse -
Thank you

In reply to: I've found NO SUPPORT for such adapters.

I think this is the problem.
Few months ago my coworker connect my laptop to 2nd monitor by similar device

Collapse -
Look up.

In reply to: Thank you

If it is a driver issue and W10 updates seem to pop in the wrong driver, read JD's post titled "That's information that points to a possible solution"

Collapse -
Answer
This just in.

Another member found some of their 7559 issues were not only driver related but an out of date BIOS.

I can't check driver versions for you but you can get the BIOS and drivers for your PC at dell.com. Use your service tag to get the right page.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.