General discussion

Dell Inspiron 700m Port for Printer?

Currently, I have Comq R3000T and it's a little bit heavy for me. I've heard that dell inspiron 700m is very light and good for the travel. I checked the web and could not find a port for the printer. Does any one know if Inspiron 700m comes with a printer port? Any suggestions for Inspiron 700m are appreciated.
Thanks,

CompqR3000T

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Dell Inspiron 700m Port for Printer?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Dell Inspiron 700m Port for Printer?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Comes with several: USB

All Dell laptops ship without "legacy ports" including Parallel and Serial. But all ship with at least 2 USB ports. My 8600 has no legacy ports (which gives me a clue that it's a recent production model) and I haven't missed them. I have WiFi and USB.

If you have a parallel printer I guess that makes you stuck . . . but in all honesty, a USB printer is better for a travelling laptop for quick disconnects, not to mention speed.

With printers being so cheap, and legacy ports disappering from laptops, I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor.

The Dell 700m is a NICE NICE laptop. I used one the other day and I really liked it. The screen was too small for my eyes though. Happy

- Collapse -
Thanks Ryan,

Thanks a lot for the comments for 700m. I'm going to order it today and Dell Business division has a good offer for $1049 (PentM, 12inch, 60G, 24xCD-RW/DVD, 512M). Maybe I'll buy a USB printer and I like my Canon BJC80 though.

- Collapse -
BJC80 a portable?

The best option is expensive, and actually bigger than your BJC80, but probably tons better and faster. The HP mobile printer is $249 and is actually wider than the Canon, though it's about the same weight.

- Collapse -
Need a portable printer too,

well, I do need a more portable printer (with USB port?) for my travel. I checked the HP and it looks very nice. As you said, the price is an issue. Anyway, as long as it works fine, probably I will go back to HP. Thanks Ryan for the information.

CpqR3000T

CNET Forums

Forum Info