General discussion

Dell Inspiron 1545 Problem

I have a 1545 laptop runnings Windows 7.
Recently upon bootup the keyboard will not
enter the data matching the key pressed.
Even the backspace key enters data and does not backspace. The Enter key does not work. The function key and the Caps lock key seem to work properly. Even an external keyboard attached via USB has the same symptoms. Initally intermittent has now become almost always. The problem presents when prompted for a password to continue the boot process. Continous reboots will eventually allow success. Any ideas as to my problem and correctived action. Thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Dell Inspiron 1545 Problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Dell Inspiron 1545 Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Yeap

I've got the same problem, and all solutions I've found don't work at all, help please

- Collapse -
Just a question.

What keyboard type is set in Windows?
What region/language is set in Windows?

I leave where these settings are to your research.

- Collapse -
Keyboard info

Keyboard type - Standard PS/2 Keyboard
Keyboard region/language English (United States)- US

- Collapse -
Then research keycode mapping.

CNET Forums

Forum Info