General discussion

Dell Dimension 2400 RAM memory upgrade

I want to upgrade the RAM memory of my Dell Dimension 2400. There is a 256MB chip in Slot #1. Slot #2 is empty. Can I put in a larger RAM chip in Slot #2, leaving the old 256MB chip in the computer ??
Or putting it another way, what's the most economical way of upgrading the RAM memory of my computer??

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Dell Dimension 2400 RAM memory upgrade
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Dell Dimension 2400 RAM memory upgrade
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Review specs

Visit the Dell support website and locate your model#. There you will find 100% the details of any RAM capabilities of what's what.

-OR- Visit the http://www.crucial.com and enter your Dell info and proceed to be informed. While this is an easy way to get the info, the Dell website is the defacto source of your system specs/details.

tada -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
RAM Upgrade

Willy
Thank you for the info
Dan

CNET Forums