Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Dell Digital 20GB or iRiver iHP-120?

Well I guess the first thing i should say is that my dad has a 15GB Dell and i have a iRiver i890 (i can't rememeber the model number but its the most recent 128mb player). I like both but I have recently had issues with the iRiver connecting to my PC (i think thats the PC though) and the controls are becoming a bit tedious, making me lean towards the simpler controls of the Dell. However, the features of the iRiver are still a major attraction. I also heard iRiver's support is lacking, and this is a major concern. I know it seems I am leaning towards the Dell, and I am, but I still love the design and features of the iHP-120. Any advice would be great, especially from users of the iRiver.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell Digital 20GB or iRiver iHP-120?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell Digital 20GB or iRiver iHP-120?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Dell Digital 20GB or iRiver iHP-120?

In reply to: Dell Digital 20GB or iRiver iHP-120?

i can think of 2 options:
1) keep the iriver flash player and buy an HD player with none of the features of the iriver but with ease of use. i think the ipod would be a better choice than the dell, but if you have lots of WMA files then get a rio karma. dell is nice but there are easier to use players out there. and since you kept the flash player, you can use that for the features and the Hd player for listening to music.

2) consider the Cowon iAudio M3. it has all the features of the iHP-120.

Collapse -

In reply to: Dell Digital 20GB or iRiver iHP-120?

Are you talking ease of navigation on the player?
Or ease of use including computer interfaces and connections?

The Neuros is pobably one of the easiest to navigate. Just because it utilizes "Xi menus"(their little catch phrase). To navigate menus, you move up/down or left/right to either scroll, go back a layer or down a layer. You can even access most settings from many places in the menus. Like during a song playing, you can change the EQ right from that screen. Same with repeats and shuffling, where with the iPod, you must go to the main menu, and go back down layers to get to important settings.

Once you get past the learning curve of realizing what movments get you where in the menus you'll be fine. They even have a handicaped demo of the controls on their web site. www.neurosaudio.com

If you use windows, pretty much anything should be plug and play, which in my experience, the Neuros is.

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Dell Digital 20GB or iRiver iHP-120?

that thing is far too big and heavy.

Collapse -

http://www.austinv.com/cpg121/thumbnails.php?album=100

I'd definitely agree with hotagent here. those are pictures of the neuros 2, it's gigantic. had that come out about 2 year ago it would have been a really nice player now it's giant and there are players that are around the same price and twice as good.
Collapse -

Go for the HP-120. Customer support is excellent (I've dealt with them myself) and the 120 is reliable, very well made and is plug-n-play (no drivers needed).

If you want a serious player with great battery life (Lithium polymer), sound quality and features there's no other choice right now.

My 2c

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.