Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Audio & Video Software forum

Question

deleting podcast in Itunes 11.4

by pursuant / October 7, 2014 10:22 AM PDT

I've seen there is no way to manually delete podcast in Itunes 11.4.0. In fact I have found many people frustrated with the new version and wanting to revert to 10.7. My question is just how are podcast supposed to get deleted in 11.4?? There must be a way to get rid of old ones. I thought that if they were marked played that got rid of them, but no. Anyone have any suggestions or where I could get info on this process?

Discussion is locked

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Appears to be open discussions about that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 7, 2014 11:46 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Podcasts need to be removed..!!!
by vembutech / January 19, 2015 2:26 AM PST

Hi,

Follow these steps;

1. Initiate the iTunes app on your computer and then go to the page containing your downloaded podcasts.
2. Bring the cursor to hover over the podcast to be deleted. Doing so will reveal a little arrow.
3. Tap on the little arrow.
4. Now select "Delete Download" from the drop down menu that appears.

Hope this helps..!!!

Collapse -
Doesn't work for me...
by CJG1953 / October 28, 2015 12:40 PM PDT

And here's why -- no option for "Delete Download" appears in that pull-down menu when I click on the little arrow. So I highlighted all the podcasts I wanted removed and marked them as "Played" assuming that they should be automatically removed since that's how I have the Default Settings. But nope, they're all still just sitting there blocking any new episodes from being downloaded...

I'm about to throw this iPod in the river...

HELP!

Collapse -
There are way too many priors on this issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 28, 2015 1:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Doesn't work for me...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!