How To forum

deleting files

by closet_blonde / August 16, 2011 1:47 AM PDT

Using O.E. 6, I've sent many pictures out through email. Now recieving the message
"exceeded the servers limit" Error 522.
When trying to delete from deleted box, a "NO" shows up, why?
Is it because the pictures may be in other files somewhere on the computer also? That's the only thing I could think of.
Of course all the pictures folder is full and I'd be able to delete from there also.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank You.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: deleting files
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: deleting files
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
that message means that the mail server,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 16, 2011 1:53 AM PDT
In reply to: deleting files

has a limit on the size of attachments that can be sent through it.
It is not necessarily the Mail server that you use, although it can be, it could be the mail server(s) of the person(s) to whom you are sending these pictures.

Not sure why you have a NO in the deleted box though.

Collapse -
by closet_blonde / August 16, 2011 4:24 AM PDT

Would it be ok if I delete the pictures I'm finished with?
Would it help free up space to rid the message I keep recieving?
I don't see where it would be a problem unless
they're somewhere else in the computer also.
Thank You for your response, it's greatly appreciated.

Collapse -
Mail Problem
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 16, 2011 6:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Deleting

Attaching a picture to an email does not use any drive space.
however, when you send that email a copy of it, and its attachments, go into the Sent folder.
Now you have used more space.

Deleting from the Sent folder just moves the emails to the Deleted folder.

deleting from the Deleted folder removes the email and its attachment from the email database and frees up drive space.

How many pictures do you attach at one time?
What size, in MB are these pictures that you attach?

Collapse -
Tasks taken: Sent/Deleted pictures
by closet_blonde / August 16, 2011 2:23 PM PDT
In reply to: Mail Problem

As of now, I have deleted the pictures from my O.E.6 sent file, then deleted the entire group of deleted files and still recieve:

The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts. Subject 'Emailing: John Anthony Ramirez', Account: '', Server: '', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '552 5.2.0 MGKr1h0011SL19U02GKrPy attachment extension is forbidden', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 552, Error Number: 0x800CCC6D

Collapse -
Like I asked,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 16, 2011 10:08 PM PDT

how BIG, are the Pictures you are trying to send.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?