General discussion

Deleted items keep returning to desktop

I have Vista Home Premium with a recently purchased HP Desktop [AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ 3GB memory]. I often use the desktop to temporarily store files [Word, Excel & some pics]. After deleting the files from the desktop, they return after rebooting. I?ve search the forum and haven?t found anything that matches my situation, but I?ve tried the solutions of those that come close: deleting from windows explorer, dragging them to the recycle bin, shift-delete, changing their properties, etc.]. Please help, they?re like unwanted relatives that keep returning.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Deleted items keep returning to desktop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Deleted items keep returning to desktop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sync?
- Collapse -
Your're Amazing!

That was it...I am using the program SyncBack and one of the settings was off on the nightly backup. Thank you so much for allowing me to sleep tonight.

- Collapse -
Not so amazing, just that...

Someone near me was having this GHOSTLY issue and we nailed it last week. Spoils of war so to say.

Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info