But if the author did something hinky and non-standard you have to ask them what and where it is.
Reading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/remove-an-uninstalled-app-from-the-notification/6cb57f86-23fd-4261-8922-e49f344095e5 finds it may be in other registry locations (German.)
Reboot after the regedit to be sure it re-read the registry.
I ask your help because I’ve deleted a folder containing a portable software (that doesn't need any installation), but after rebooting, I saw that this program was still proposed in the list of software that can give notifications.
I have Windows 10, and this setting can be found by right-clicking on the calendar in the tasks bar, parameters. The notifications from the program can be activated or disabled under "Obtain notifications from these expeditors", with actionable switches.
- sfc /scannow
- reinstalling the software in order to delete it with RevoUninstaller
- regedit, IconStreams and PastIconsStream deleted from HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \TrayNotify
- regedit, HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \TrayNotify key deleted entirely
- regedit searched for the name of the software
- Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner and Avast
- Go back to an old restauration point
- "start", "details" and "services" tabs checked in the task manager
But none of these solutions worked, even with restarting explorer.exe and a system reboot after every step.
I've spent a lot of time on this problem..
So, if someone could help me, I would be very grateful!