Between the answers from Kees and myself it should be remedied.
Hope this helps,
Hi I have recentrly reorganised my Music folder. In doing that one mp3 folder/file got corrupted. Every time I open that folder or the drive that has this folder Windows explorer freezes.
I have tried to delet the folder but it cant be deleted, just freezes.
I have Windows XP Prof, Version 2002, SP 2.
I have two hard drives. The XP is on another Drive (Not the one with the corupted file).
What do I do. dont want to format the hard drive as it has all my video clips in it.
YOu can download it as either a .zip file or the full .exe.. Click on the link below to download the Avenger tool to your desktop, (you'll then need to unzip it at this time if you downloaded the .zip.), then follow the instructions for removing the file.:
* Run The Avenger program by double clicking its icon on your Desktop.
* Under "Script file to execute" choose "Input Script Manually".
* Now click on the Magnifying Glass icon which will open a new window titled "View/edit script"
* Use a text line similar to below, with the file location/name of your choice, to paste into the "view/edit script" line.
Files to delete:
* Click Done
* Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
* Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.
The Avenger will automatically do the following:
* It will Restart your computer. (When the script being executed contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually reboot your system two times.)
* On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
* After the reboot, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger?s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
* The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Grif. I tried Avenger. But I cant seam to delet the folder. It asks for a file name. The problem I have is a folder. I managed to export the files in this folder to another location and they work fine, the files are ok. No programme I have can access this particular folder. There is just something about it.
Pint-size luxury and funky style
Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.