Laptops forum

General discussion

Degausser on Toshiba Satellite A75-S231?

by sdub / January 10, 2006 3:09 AM PST

There's a few spots on my LCD monitor that degaussing would fix, but I can't find the option anywhere, and I can't find anything online that would tell me where it is.

I would check my user's manuel, but it's locked in my dorm, for the moment, and I'm still on Christmas break (dorms are locked out to students during holidays, so I can't get in).

I'm not sure if there even IS a degausse function on it, so I was wondering anyone could tell me if there is one or not, and if there is - where is it? Thanks guys.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Degausser on Toshiba Satellite A75-S231?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Degausser on Toshiba Satellite A75-S231?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) LCD=no magnetic field=no degauss
by jonah jones / January 10, 2006 3:21 AM PST
Collapse -
So what are these areas then?
by sdub / January 10, 2006 2:33 PM PST

I know this is an LCD monitor, but I've got these two areas in the upper right that look exactly like a normal monitor looks when a magnet has gotten too close to it. (Not trying to be argumentative, if it sounds that way - I'm just confused)

Collapse -
maybe pressure marks from cleaning/wiping the screen?
by jonah jones / January 11, 2006 2:16 AM PST

i'm far from being an expert on such things, but i know that there is such a thing as "dead pixels" (and a certain amount is considered 'normal'), maybe there are "dying pixels" too?

how old is the monitor? what make? is there a 'history' of such an occurence with the manufacturer?



Collapse -
could be pressure marks
by sdub / January 11, 2006 7:30 PM PST

they do sort of look like someone poked their finger on it too hard, though I've never done that.

bought the laptop back in May, so it's really not that old. and no - no history that I know of, though there could be and I don't know about it.

if it is a pressure spot, is there any way to fix it? it's not really bothersome - you can only notice it when certain colors are shown in that area, or you look at the monitor at a certain angle, so if there's no way to fix it, it's not that big of a deal really.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
Laptops 20,411 discussions
Security 30,882 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
Phones 16,494 discussions
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions


Want to see the future of car technology?

Brian Cooley found it for you at CES 2017 in Las Vegas and the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.