Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Defy Osama

http://www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SA1404

To be fair, I don't know how good this source is. Looks to be Israeli. But they translate bin Laden's video rant thus:

"any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president has chosen to fight us, and we will consider it our enemy, and any state that will vote against Bush has chosen to make peace with us, and we will not characterize it as an enemy."
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Defy Osama
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Defy Osama
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just voting is defiance, regardless of the candidate.

In reply to: Defy Osama

His target is American democracy and strength, not his close family friend Bush. If it had been he would have hit the White House, though he probably planned to.

Rob Boyter

Collapse -
Planned to? And just Where do You Think.................

In reply to: Just voting is defiance, regardless of the candidate.

United Flight 93 was heading when Todd Beamer yelled out "Let's Roll"?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Nobody knows Tony, think about the Capitol Building!

In reply to: Planned to? And just Where do You Think.................

Collapse -
Re: Planned to? And just Where do You Think.................

Hi, Tony.

I forget where I read it (and on what basis), but the consensus is that the United flight was aimed at the Capitol. The one that hit the pentagon could easily have hit the WH instead, btw.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Th White House is very likely where that third plane was

In reply to: Just voting is defiance, regardless of the candidate.

headed on 9/11.

He endorses Kerry. What more needs to be said?

Collapse -
So you equate support for Kerry with supporting Terrorists?

In reply to: Th White House is very likely where that third plane was

Get a Grip!Kerry supporters are just as "American" and just as "Patriotic" as Bushies, just more thoughtful.

Key part of your statement is "Likely", you don't know, nobody who's talking knows. I think that Congress was a far likelier target. More deaths, more carnage, and much larger and easier to hit. Use yer loaf (loaf of bread=head), hitting the White House with an airliner is a really difficult flight problem, a lot harder than it is on Flight Sim (though, to forstall the accusation I am sure would come, NO I have not tried it).

But I bow to Republicans as authority on carnage.

Rob Boyter

Collapse -
I never said that.

In reply to: So you equate support for Kerry with supporting Terrorists?

Don't twist my words.

What I AM saying is that the terrorists want Kerry rather than Bush because they know Kerry will be ineffectual. I don't think Osama dreamed that Bush wouid invade Afghanistan and wreak havoc on his organization and kick out the Taliban, which is what happened. He was expecting the typical Clinton respose, a couple missiles fired off into nowhere and a lot of hot air.

Maybe you don't remember but the Michael Moores and other lefties were dead set against the Afghanistan attack but were afraid to kick up too much of a fuss (well bnot Moore-- he came out strongly against it).

Rightly or wrongly (rightly in my opinion) Osama thinks Kerry will dish out hot air instead of action.

Collapse -
Well if he wanted Kerry he should have kept his mouth shut

In reply to: I never said that.

Cause I think that message gave the election to Bush.

Rob Boyter

Collapse -
I think that message gave the election to Bush?

In reply to: Well if he wanted Kerry he should have kept his mouth shut

I doubt it. It was a mistake for the Dems to nominate a Massachusetts liberal AGAIN! How mnany times are they gonna have to learn that lesson?

In addition Kerry made many mistakes, and his reality disconnect on what's going on in Afghanistan was a big one.

Collapse -
Re: So you equate support for Kerry with supporting Terroris

In reply to: So you equate support for Kerry with supporting Terrorists?

No, but I equate him with weak foreign policy that will allow terrorism to flourish, and to weaken US influence abroad. Proof? Look at his votes in Congress over his career.

Collapse -
Re: So you equate support for Kerry with supporting Terroris

In reply to: Re: So you equate support for Kerry with supporting Terroris

you mean look at what has kerry has done in congress?

Collapse -
Re: Defy Osama

And what makes you think that bin Laden is so stupid that he'd think that we'd just take that literally?

He doesn't care who wins the election. New York will most likely go Kerry. If anyone really thinks that New York City will be scratched off Al Qaeda's little list just because of how they voted, then they're as deluded as he is.

Collapse -
Spin it however you wish

In reply to: Re: Defy Osama

Osama makes it very clear in that videotape. Elect Kerry and we'll lay off; elect Bush and we'll attack you. You can act accordingly.

Collapse -
Oh come on, Ed

In reply to: Spin it however you wish

Do you really believe for one second that he's telling the truth?

Wanna buy a bridge, cheap?

Collapse -
Of course he is

In reply to: Oh come on, Ed

He's expressing hois true thoughts. I can't believe any of the convoluted "He wants Bush so he's making like he wants Kerry." Do you think Osama wants the guy who killed huge amounts of AlQaeda leadership, destroyed the training camps, deposed the Taliban and send him scurrying into the caves to be reelected?

Silly not to take him at his word. He probably feels that we, like Spain will change leadership rather than face another attack.

Collapse -
Re: Of course he is

In reply to: Of course he is

If he wants Bush out, it's only because he thinks that losing would be a humiliation for Bush.

If you really honestly believe that bin Laden will lay off any state that votes for Kerry (including NY, home of the world financial capital), then we really need to talk about that bridge.

Collapse -
I don't think he would lay off "blue" states

In reply to: Re: Of course he is

It's a bluff. But he does favor Kerry; that much is clear.

Collapse -
Re: I don't think he would lay off "blue" states

In reply to: I don't think he would lay off "blue" states

Well then I've got news for both you and Osama. If either of you think that Kerry will make his life any easier, you're both wrong.

But frankly, enough electioneering. We make our choices today and hopefully by tomorrow morning you, Osama and I will all know who will be occupying the White House for the next four years.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) HA!

In reply to: Re: I don't think he would lay off "blue" states

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) hopefully it will be a bush day

In reply to: Re: I don't think he would lay off "blue" states

Collapse -
Re: I don't think he would lay off "blue" states

In reply to: I don't think he would lay off "blue" states

Hi, Ed.

I disagree -- I think Osama preferred Bush, and subtly tailored his tape to undermine Kerry. Why? Because Bush's go-it-alone approach and lack of cultural sensitivity (remember our "crusade?") are much more likely to trigger the pan-Islamic jihad that Osama seeks. Bush is Osama's best recruiter.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
I don't believe he'll really lay off ...

In reply to: Re: Defy Osama

... but America will be a softer target with Kerry at the helm. You have Franks, Schwartkoff, Guliani out there campaigning with Bush. Springsteen, Bon Jovi and Jerry Springer with Kerry. The choice is obvious.

Collapse -
Re: I don't believe he'll really lay off ...

In reply to: I don't believe he'll really lay off ...

If he can attack us he will, any place, any time. I think (hope) right now they are off balance and can only shoot propaganda. Best to keep them that way until we catch them.

I'd stick with the winning team.

Collapse -
Me too ...

In reply to: Re: I don't believe he'll really lay off ...

... it is clear that Kerry is seen by the international community and terrorists as being a far weaker potential leader. Funny how the "world opinion matters" folks discount the obvious in this case.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) UBL U B thug toast soon. Allah be praised!

Collapse -
Ignore Osama

That's what bush has been doing.

Dan

Collapse -
That sure gave me a much needed lift after the read

In reply to: Ignore Osama

Happy
Thanks
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I do what I can. ;-)

In reply to: That sure gave me a much needed lift after the read

Collapse -
Re: Ignore Osama

In reply to: Ignore Osama

If you call destroying the bulk of his leadership, destroying his training camps and support infrastructure and kicking the Taliban out of Afghanistan ignoring him, yeah, uh right.

Collapse -
Re: Ignore Osama

In reply to: Re: Ignore Osama

How would you describe saying "I'm really not that concerned about him" then? A statement, BTW, that Bush tried to deny ever having made during one of the debates.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.