Computer Help forum

General discussion

Defrag will not work

I'm running XP Home, ran ckdk, tried to defrag and got error - Disk Defragmenter NTFS Module has encountered a problem and has to shut down. I run chdk and defrag once a month and my HD is 75% free. I tried in safe mode also, and same error message. I sent a report to Microsoft, any help you can give me is appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Defrag will not work
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Defrag will not work
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Defrag error?

In reply to: Defrag will not work

Is that all that the error message said vis "Disk Defragmenter NTFS Module has encountered a problem and has to shut down"?
Are you scanning files as well as free space?
Have a look in Event Viewer" in admin tolls and see if there is more info - follow the links to help and Support" online.
Google "defrag" and try one of the 3rd party program - here's a link:-

http://pc-system-utilities-software-review.toptenreviews.com/?ttreng=1&ttrkey=defrag

I know Diskkeeper gives a 15 day trial which is enough for you to sort your problems out.

Peter

Collapse -
Defrag error

In reply to: Defrag error?

Yes that is all it said. Will try other solutions. Thank you

Collapse -
One other thing

In reply to: Defrag error

clear all your temp IE files out as well as your temp folders - you must have a stubborn file somewhere
Peter

Collapse -
defrag problems

In reply to: One other thing

Thank you for the suggestions, I invested in system mechanic. I defragged my puter, along with clearing out a ton of junk off my hard drive and registery, including a key logger, and spyware. I've always been very carefull about clearing out temp files, ect. this suprised me. But I kept trying the defrag and still didnt work till I cleared out my prefetch cache. After that, my defragger worked fine. Am still thankful for System Mechanic.

Collapse -
Defrag problems

In reply to: Defrag will not work

Make sure that you run Scandisk before you run defrag and always run defrag in safe mode. And of course most of the "third party" disk utilities are better than the free stuff you get with windows. I generally prefer Norton Systemworks or DiskKeeper, but there are others.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!