Video Cameras forum

General discussion

DEFECTS VP-D371W CAM AND PROBLEMS WITH ASSISTANCE SAMSUNG

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DEFECTS VP-D371W CAM AND PROBLEMS WITH ASSISTANCE SAMSUNG
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DEFECTS VP-D371W CAM AND PROBLEMS WITH ASSISTANCE SAMSUNG
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wow. I noticed such on Sony to other makes and took it as..

In reply to: DEFECTS VP-D371W CAM AND PROBLEMS WITH ASSISTANCE SAMSUNG

Each maker does their own thing. Can you expand your site to the interchange issue between all camcorder issue?

Collapse -
As for sony I do not know what problems have.

In reply to: Wow. I noticed such on Sony to other makes and took it as..

As for sony I do not know what problems have. The link to my blog explains specific problems for the cam VP-D371W ... would be too dispersive talk about all the cam in the same blog. Is preferable to open several other blogs for other cam. Thank you.

Collapse -
Your blog seems to imply

In reply to: As for sony I do not know what problems have.

It's only an issue with that make.

Collapse -
certainly that model has those problems...

In reply to: Your blog seems to imply

...and I preferred to give information as you can read in the blog.
If someone has this model can confirm?
I also personally SONY and CANON but I have no problems.
You have had negative eperienze with some camcorder in particular?

Collapse -
Took a tape from Sony to

In reply to: certainly that model has those problems...

JVC and saw similar. Seems that 16x9 mode isn't compatible among makers.

-> Just sharing that Samsung isn't the only one.
Bob

Collapse -
Not rule out that there are other cam with this problem...

In reply to: Took a tape from Sony to

...In fact about jvc not speak very well also for other defects in the factory. In any case should be reported these things ... Is the only way to guard against misleading advertising. What's your model JVC and Sony? You can try to understand whether the problem is Sony or JVC?

Collapse -
Where were we mislead?

In reply to: Not rule out that there are other cam with this problem...

Sorry I read my JVC and Sony manual and no where did it promise it would work.

Collapse -
Recap.

In reply to: DEFECTS VP-D371W CAM AND PROBLEMS WITH ASSISTANCE SAMSUNG

My reply was to share that this is something that you'll find occurs between all the makers. It's not an exclusive to the maker you have complained about.

Collapse -
ok...

In reply to: Recap.

I think it is necessary to specify the model that has problems compared to others. In addition, in my case is not just a problem of compatibility but also black bands at the edges of the image.

Collapse -
I get the black bands too.

In reply to: ok...

Fortunately I can capture with firewire and edit it out.

Collapse -
certainly...

In reply to: I get the black bands too.

...but in this forum we are highlighting anomalies that should not be in case of normal operation. Otherwise you will have to modify all the videos, run the zoom and then run the rendering of the video ... is not a normal operation of its kind since long and boring.
For the incompatibility between the cam there is no solution.
Do you not believe?

Collapse -
I believe.

In reply to: certainly...

There is an issue that you will NOT solve. Here it is-> I demand that miniDV tapes in 16:9 recording play correctly across all makes.

Here's my observation -> "Seeing the issue across all makers."

Here's my thought on getting it fixed -> "Never going to happen."

Here's what I'm sharing with you -> "This issue is not limited to your make and models so I hope you can expand your complaints to the industry."

And here's the take away -> "Don't do that."
Bob

Collapse -
I understand ... I do not know very good English...;)

In reply to: I believe.

Everyone should do the tests with his camera and report the specific model, but only for not advise to other people ...

Only then resolves something....perhaps! Sad

For example, my SONY DCRHC-96E and my CANON MD111 work perfectly in all modes 4/3, 16/9 and any other registered MiniDV cam of different brand (excluding those registered with SAMSUNG vp-d371w...)

Let me know your evidence that you have done and what models, even for them to know at all as I have done.

If you do not have many cam, ask a favor to a friend who has a different cam for tests compatibility. It would be a good idea.

My blog is open to any comment, but is not useful for
point out other models. Is possible to create different for each model, to facilitate research....and choose whether to buy or not

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.