Pick who you want to be such as "Snow White", "Prince Charming", "Head of the FBI incognito" ?
That is, build up a profile on the device that you want them to find.
Dear Buzz Gang and Crew,
I have been aware of DEDs - Data Extraction Devices for a few years. When these tools came out in the late 2000s, they really required a technically trained specialists to use them so these devices were not readily available. Now with the enhancements made by CelleBrite out of Israel, using DEDs is now as easy as point & click.
Brief Background: DEDs is a technology and device that enables the extraction of practically all mobile phone data. So anyone using such a device can get, addresses, phone logs, photos, videos, SMS messages, Skype & VOIP call data, SIM card data, App Data, Phone memory data, and even erased data that is not available to owner of any mobile phone.
This technology has now gotten so reliable that the Michigan State Police department is deploying it which has now caused a huge uproar. The ACLU has made a legal request of the Michigan State Police as to how they are using it since videos have recently leaked to the Internet. In these videos, officers have been shown to use DEDs in casual and discovery incidents where they were extracting data from owners of mobile phones without their knowledge, or warrant and without their consent.
Bottomline: I can easily see a Supreme Court Ruling coming up on this because Law Enforcements Agencies around the U.S. are reviewing and planning to begin using these devices. The potential for abuse is enormous.
How to Block DEDs:
If you suspect Law Enforcement scanning your phone:
1. You can try turning off your phone. Problem is though that the DED devices can extract data from your phone in a matter of a few mins. Slow shutdown phones can still be compromised.
2. Set your phone to "airplane mode". This disconnects your phone with the cell towers. This is needed in order to activate the DED scanning of your phone.
3. If you do not have "airplane mode" on your phone, you can quickly wrap your phone in aluminum foil. Yes this sounds silly but shielding your phone from the blast of the DEDs will protect your privacy and the phone.
4. You could purchase a Faraday bag. (see links below) This bag will shield your phone from the DED attack.
5. If you are a little bold: you could use a RF Jammer to block the signal of the DED attack. Caution: Many countries including the U.S. have extenuating regulation and bans on such devices.
Hey People, just giving you a heads up on what the authorities are wanting to do to eliminate your privacy.
Info on DEDs:
News Articles / Reports
Defense Against DEDs: