Question

Decode h264 stream from WiFi video camera for Android

I want to decode the streaming captured from a WiFi digital video camera received on Android, on a UDP port (49199).
I know that it is encoded h264, but it seems there are more details needed, but camera maker won't disclose.
Streaming can be displayed fine using their own software, but that doesn't help.

VLC cannot play the stream correctly. Although timer is moving, VLC displays just a black screen; there's also a delay.

I have the streaming array of a packet; each packet starts with 0xFF 0XD8 and so on.
One example of such an array is in the "Stream_packet.txt" file, in this zip file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8bs3txz8abdcz3w/cameraStreaming.zip

Is there any way I could decode the frames... to know the codec algorithm, whatever..?
I also tried with ffmpeg... maybe not well enough, but anyway I'd appreciate some advice.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Decode h264 stream from WiFi video camera for Android
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Decode h264 stream from WiFi video camera for Android
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Is the "wifi digital camera"

a security camera?

What is the manufacturer and model number of the "wifi digital camera"?

- Collapse -
Camera type

Yes, digital video camera; model is Panasonic HC-V550

- Collapse -
Answer
Small world.

An engineer had to tackle this in the usual way. Since the camera only had a PC app he had to craft a solution using a PC to transcode it on the fly. Later he sold that camera and got one that had Android and iOS viewers.

- Collapse -
camera app

I forgot to specify- the camera application is for Android, not for PC...

- Collapse -
I did specifiy that a PC was used as a middleman here.

Eventually they tired of that and replaced the camera since the maker didn't iOS or Android the apps.

CNET Forums