General discussion

Decent New Smartphones Under $100.00??

I am a Verizon user and would like to upgrade to the Share Everything plan. I am upgrading my basic phone via an
upgrade but my wife's not due until April '13.

Are there any new decent smartphones that can be purchased without the upgrade feature for around $100?

Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Decent New Smartphones Under $100.00??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Decent New Smartphones Under $100.00??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
You didn't tell the forum what is decent.

For some, that's ANY phone that can play Angry Birds. Another user might want more.
Bob

- Collapse -
Decent New Smartphones Under $100.00??

Touch screen, with email, browser, and a gig or more storage.

- Collapse -
Sounds like most of these phones today.

As to storage, some get upset about onboard versus a microSD card for storage. Is that an issue here?

- Collapse -
I presume you also mean unsubsidized

You might find a few NIB from ebay/craigslist, etc. for around $100. I see mostly refurbished inventory in this general price range though. Most of the latest smartphones will cost at least twice that, unsubsidized via carrier channels, and even on fleabay. Pop over now and come back with questions on specific models you are interested in if you need help.

- Collapse -
Razrs

Check out the Droid Razr and the Droid Razr M (newer model) both for 100 with upgrade and very high end features on the M

- Collapse -
Did you....

.....want to get the new phone with or without a new contract ???

CNET Forums