Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

December MS update Problems

by mikependlebury / December 14, 2005 11:21 PM PST

Hi There,
Ive just installed the latest Patches KB905915,KB910437 & KB890830 from MS via AU on my laptop. The instalation went OK but now I can't use my laptop! It just Hangs.Word did finally open about 3 mins after clicking the destop icon. but nothing else seems to work. I've re booted several times and even tried undoing it by using system restore but it wont even restore, just get the message saying no changes have been made try picking another restore point, but even doing that i still can't get it to restore. Anybody got any ideas? Using XP Pro with SP2.
The patches have also been downloaded to my desktop PC but i daren't install them in case the same happens to that machine.
Look forward to hearing from anybody.
Thanks Mike

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: December MS update Problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: December MS update Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Add/Remove
by Donna Buenaventura / December 15, 2005 11:08 PM PST

Hi,

Instead of using System Restore, try to use remove one by one the new updates by using Add/Remove programs. Please remove one at a time then see if the problem will be gone after removing one of the new updates you recently installed.

Doing the above will allow us to know which of the update has caused the said incident.

Collapse -
Mike, You're not alone with that problem.
by Tufenuf / December 16, 2005 12:17 AM PST
Collapse -
BADFIX BADFIX
by jdoubleu / December 16, 2005 11:07 PM PST

Me too! I awoke this morning to a computer that would now find any web pages. I noticed several updates had been downloaded and installed last night. I removed KB910437 and everything was ok. Have no Idea why, other than - BADFIX

Collapse -
IEBlog has something to say
by Donna Buenaventura / December 17, 2005 2:24 AM PST
In reply to: BADFIX BADFIX
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!