HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Debate 3. The Conservative Senator from Massachussets....

by James Denison / October 13, 2004 11:28 AM PDT

...according to GWB is Teddy Kennedy. That was a good hit at Kerry, and FUNNY!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Debate 3. The Conservative Senator from Massachussets....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Debate 3. The Conservative Senator from Massachussets....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hey Dan, how'd you like that rib buster by GWB
by James Denison / October 13, 2004 12:41 PM PDT

about Ted Kennedy being conservative when placed beside Kerry?

Collapse -
His writer came up with an OK line
by Dan McC / October 14, 2004 12:17 AM PDT

And bush managed not to mangle it too badly. They should both be happy.

Dan

Collapse -
Yep, enjoyed it. Kerry was foundering.
by Edward ODaniel / October 13, 2004 12:56 PM PDT

When Bush cited Kerry's abysmal record in the senate Kerry managed to come back with a reply out of left field that he had actually had 56 bills passed. Many of which his name wasn't on and that he didn't cosponsor but he wrote them all.

Wonder if anyone actually bought that any more than his voting for 87 million before voting against it when the bill was only voted on once.

Collapse -
When one's liberal and has a voting record....
by James Denison / October 13, 2004 1:13 PM PDT

....it make's it hard to run for president. Of course every lawyer knows the old adage, "If you can't convince`em, then confuse`em." The sad thing is that when trying it, Kerry often confuses himself too, LOL.

Collapse -
Re: When one's liberal and has a voting record....
by Mark5019 / October 13, 2004 1:17 PM PDT

whats evan funnier is him trying to keep a straight face

Collapse -
He did a lot of silly grinning this time,....every time...
by James Denison / October 13, 2004 1:22 PM PDT

he just got skewered again by GWB!

Collapse -
NOT wishing to defend Mr Kerry
by holtnr / October 14, 2004 7:30 AM PDT

But... I do seem to recall a quote from Foggy Bottom that goes something like this:
"It's amazing what one man can accomplish when he is willing to let someone else take the credit."

Which begs the question, Do you consider Mr Kerry a man with that much character?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) His history says NOPE!
by Evie / October 14, 2004 11:50 PM PDT
Collapse -
Re: Debate 3. The Conservative Senator from Massachussets...

Hi, James.

Same revisionist history as Cheney, who (incorrectly) says he never suggested a firm link between iraq and 9/11 (he still does to this day) -- now Bush says he never claimed not to be worried about Osama. NBC was showing the tape 10 minutes after the debate.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
I'd have to see them both in context.
by James Denison / October 13, 2004 1:25 PM PDT

But nobody was really worried about Osama bin Ladin, anymore than many other big mouths threatening the USA over in the middle east area. Those types were a dime a dozen, so the timeline would be important too.

Didn't Bill Clinton bomb an aspirin factory in Afghanistan trying to get Osama?

Collapse -
Re: I'd have to see them both in context.
by Josh K / October 14, 2004 1:31 AM PDT

Bush was speaking in the present tense, post 9/11, in response to a reporter's question about the search for bin Laden. The "official spin" at that time was that we weren't that concerned about him (as opposed to "we can't find him").

Collapse -
I think he better fire his prompter(s) then
by gearup / October 14, 2004 2:36 AM PDT

if this is true...and if it is I dont see what is terribly wrong about it anyway...
http://www.linkydinky.com/IsBushWired.shtml

Of course as I have repeated before...you can find anything,almost, you want on the internet if you are adept at finding things as is the person who sent me this link via email!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) That's amazing, but not really surprising
by Dan McC / October 14, 2004 6:07 AM PDT
Collapse -
small mix up
by holtnr / October 14, 2004 3:09 AM PDT

Clinton destroyed an "aspirin factory" in the Sudan. He also destroyed a few "tents" in Afghanistan. The "aspirin factory" apparantly was Osama's either wholly or inpart. I quotated aspirin factory because pharmacuticals use precursors that can also be used to manufacture Chemical Warfare weapons. Just as a reminder, the first nerve gas was discovered in Germany by researchers try to improve fertilizer! Dual use is not Mythology, it is a sad reality.

Collapse -
Re: Debate 3. The Conservative Senator from Massachussets...
by C1ay / October 13, 2004 1:36 PM PDT

How about that statement from Kerry,

"Once again, the president is misleading America. I've actually passed 56 individual bills that I've personally written..."

An unquestionably bald faced lie. Search http://thomas.loc.gov/ for yourself. 5 bills that he's authored have been passed into law and about 7 Senate resolutions. FWIW, I have searched as far back as it goes and the results are here in the forum.

I've seen the clip you speak of and in context it looked to me like Bush was speaking in jest. It's just not the big story lie the Democrats want it to be.

Collapse -
What does that have to do with...........
by Mac McMullen / October 13, 2004 2:38 PM PDT

.....The Conservative Senator from Massachussets...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.