Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Dear Folks, It's too soon for another poll, but - Eek.....

So there I was, packed and read to go, went, got there, spent a wasted two days hanging around (for reasons I won't go into) and am back home sooner than expected.

However, son is being looked after for an extra two or three days elsewhere, so I have the place to myself. Naturally, I immediately logged on to CNET to catch up with the news before deciding how best to spend this fortuitous free time (i.e. no shopping cooking washing etc).

OK, so I logged on to CNET - must get a life (no offense) - what would you're luxury weekend be if you ignore the repairs, fixing, cleaning out the garage etc?

Regards
Mo

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dear Folks, It's too soon for another poll, but - Eek.....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dear Folks, It's too soon for another poll, but - Eek.....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Why, log in to CNet, of course....

In reply to: Dear Folks, It's too soon for another poll, but - Eek.....

there isn't a better spectator sport out there. Even your football riots aren't as much fun to watch as the food fights here...

Devil
dw

Collapse -
****, you're taking a chance with that one ...

In reply to: Why, log in to CNet, of course....

Having just told you I'd tried to catch up with the news, the only comment I can possibly make is that "Well, you should know", so I guess you're right. OTOH I stocked up with extra food when I packed, so I've got some lovely custard pies. Can I join the food fights please? Oh please?

Oh, hang on, I'm being philosophical - In that case, Poll No. 2, what is your favourite food that you would least like to throw (cos you'll have lost it)?

It was quite strange being cut of from SE's American political views et al. Think I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms. Now I'm really worried. LOL

Regards
Mo

Collapse -
Well for one

In reply to: Dick, you're taking a chance with that one ...

I ain't throwing any steak!!! Wink

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) And NO Lobster either!!!

In reply to: Well for one

Collapse -
Re: Dear Folks, It's too soon for another poll, but - Eek...

Let's see.

I had a luxury weekend (well, 5 days) when I visited in CO in late May.

Somebody else did all of the work. I watched grass being cut, and seed from the parrot cage being vacuumed up. I got to select what we'd have for dinners at home from some great delis, when we didn't eat out. I watched the dishes being put in the dishwasher, and taken out and put up after the cycles. When we ate out I picked exactly what I wanted to eat.

I enjoyed some nice sight-seeing, with someone else doing the driving.

I did not make my bed. The coffee was made when I got up. I had my choice of some nice mugs. I love oats, and somebody else cooked them. They had real butter.

I got in the hot tub and looked at the stars. They have one of those huge TVs, and I could watch West Wing (which came on during morning coffee time).

So, my idea of a great time out is not doing any of the work, cooking, laundry, or yard work. I can do what I please, and not feel guilty.

That is exactly what I do when there is no one else around to demand my time.

Enjoy!

Angeline
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Yoo Hoo (da da da, da da da, ) - when's your next one?

In reply to: Re: Dear Folks, It's too soon for another poll, but - Eek...

Collapse -
Re: Dear Folks, It's too soon for another poll, but - Eek...

Can't even imagine such a situation LOL! But if there was time like that, it would have to be to go surfing and then read a good book at night while sitting out and watching the stars and all the critters that come out only at night.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Definitely - reading and sleeping

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Give me a jacuzzi and I'm happy :-)

Collapse -
PAMPER YOURSELF, MO!

Do something that you deny yourself when others are demanding your time (Within reason, the more sinful the better Wink).

Take a walk and look hard at God's creation.

Sleep.

Eat decadently.

Above all, ENJOY YOURSELF!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.