Speakeasy forum

General discussion

DEAN UNDER FIRE FROM PARTY DEMS; NEARLY ALL CASH SPENT

by Mark5019 / January 30, 2006 8:08 AM PST

Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill are privately bristling over Howard Dean?s management of the Democratic National Committee and have made those sentiments clear after new fundraising numbers showed he has spent nearly all the committee?s cash and has little left to support their efforts to gain seats this cycle, ROLL CALL reports.

Congressional leaders were furious last week when they learned the DNC has just $5.5 million in the bank, compared to the Republican National Committee?s $34 million.

Senate and House Minority Leaders Harry Reid (Nev.) and Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), along with the Senate and House campaign committee chairmen Charles Schumer (N.Y.) and Rahm Emanuel (Ill.), have made their concerns -- directly or indirectly -- known to Dean, claims the paper.

Emanuel was particularly upset last week upon seeing the latest DNC numbers.

?A lot of people are scratching their heads as to what?s going on,? said one senior Democratic aide.

Another Democratic source familiar with the party fundraising apparatus said there is ?obvious displeasure? among the leaders.

to busy giveing it away:)

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashhd.htm

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DEAN UNDER FIRE FROM PARTY DEMS; NEARLY ALL CASH SPENT
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DEAN UNDER FIRE FROM PARTY DEMS; NEARLY ALL CASH SPENT
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Maybe they ought to call
by TONI H / January 30, 2006 8:29 AM PST

Moveon.org and Sheehan and Kerry

Makes you wonder at this point since so much speculation was made about where Moveon.org was supposedly funding so much of those ads and they claimed it was all from joe-public donations.

Or maybe all those 'hidden' Abrahoff (sp) 'donations' had to be given back in a hurry recently that the Dems claim they never got in the first place?

TONI

Collapse -
or nobody's donating...
by C1ay / January 30, 2006 8:52 AM PST
to busy giveing it away

Maybe those Ford and GM workers will ask their union to donate some more since their union's doing such a good job keeping the members employed....(where's the sarcasm icon at)
Collapse -
The Dems NEVER give their OWN money away. They want
by Kiddpeat / January 30, 2006 9:48 AM PST

you to make an investment in the future. So, send a check.

Collapse -
Mission Accomplished!
by Kiddpeat / January 30, 2006 9:45 AM PST

Dean is really a drone secretly controlled by Karl Rove.

Devil

Collapse -
When I see the Democratic leadership ...
by Evie / January 30, 2006 11:32 PM PST
In reply to: Mission Accomplished!

... Dean, Pelosi, Reid

Kennedy, Kerry, Clinton et.al.

I sometimes have to shake my head in wonder of Karl Rove. There's just no way things could be so bad for the opposition without intelligent design! Devil

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?