Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

DCS5300G IP camera; How do I view the streaming video

by Ronald Ruggiero / November 15, 2005 11:50 PM PST

I am trying to set up a web page where anyone can view the streaming video from my DCS5300G IP camera.
I can set up a link to the camera itself, and that works just fine for me as the administrator, and also a ''guest'' if I set it up that way. But it is an annoyance to make people log in as a ''guest'' every time they access the camera.
D-Link has supplied a suggested ''example'' code for doing this, see = (http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1794&question=DCS-5300G).
I have yet to make this code work, and D-Link is NO help.
I am an advanced user when it comes to networking and wireless setup, and I know how to set up my router ports to allow connections through to the camera.
Here is my test page= (http://mysite.verizon.net/res83931/test2.html)
I think there is ''possibly'' a missing parameter in the javascript to automatically set the user to ''guest'' or ''demo'' of which I have enabled those two provisions in the camera setup.
If anyone has been able to make their DCS5300G work like D-Link suggested, then PLEASE HELP! I just want to set up a simple page to allow visitors to view the live streaming video.
If anyone wants to investigate this deeper with me, please email me at Lowpockets@aol.com.
My eternal gratitude and best regards.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DCS5300G IP camera; How do I view the streaming video
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DCS5300G IP camera; How do I view the streaming video
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
D-Un-link
by PDCTech / November 29, 2005 5:11 AM PST

Yes, I have the new DCS6600G camera and cant make their code work either.
Just wanted to let you know your not crazy.
If I find anything I'll let you know.

Collapse -
IP Camera
by ron243 / December 9, 2005 1:16 AM PST

If You figure it out PLEASE let Me know how ,I have been going crazy trying to view My network IP Camera for three week's now, I can get to My router through the Internet but can't bring up the camera.
When I type in My Static IP Address from a different location it goes straight to the Router. I can view the camera on the Home computer that is connected to the router

I have been bounced around by Linksys tech support,and Sony Tech Support example.

A call to Sony, they helped Me set the camera up and even helped Me set up the port forwarding in the Linksys router, then they tried to connect to the camera from their location and they got My router to, so they told Me to contact My service provider to see if they blocked any ports.
So a call to bellsouth.net, and they do not block ports.

So I called Linksys tech support to make sure the router was set up right and they went through the set up of the router they tried to connect to My camera and they got My router to, they put me on hold and when he came back he told Me that I needed VPN software set up on the computers

Window Xp Media Center SP2
Linksys WRT54GS Broadband router
Westel DSL Modem
Sony SNC-M3 Camera

I would be thankful for any help I can get
Thanks
Ronnie

Collapse -
I KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT WORK !
by compheroes / December 9, 2005 3:19 AM PST

ok on the URL descriptor line
following the http:// you need to place your username:password@IP address:port

for example here is a setup with the username guest and the password guest with the ip adress and port following the login info.

document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"Url\" VALUE=\"http://guest:guest@1.0.11.116:555 /cgi-bin/video.vam\">");

The IP Address has been changed to protect the innocent.

I hope this helps every body..
We are a Dlink Reseler and I had to pull some strings to get this info..

Collapse -
Thank You Ronald
by ron243 / December 9, 2005 4:29 AM PST

I will give this a try later, Thank YOU for helping Me .
The next wireless router I buy will be D-LINKS.
Thank You
Ronnie

Collapse -
Thank you Compheroes, I knew it was something simple.
by Ronald Ruggiero / December 9, 2005 11:10 AM PST

I knew it had something to do with the user name and password, but I didn't know where and how to code it.

Thank you so much. I have been trying to make this work for over a year now.

Here is the now working camera page!!!....
http://mysite.verizon.net/res83931/homecam3fast.html

Bless you.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?