Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Dazzle Studio 9 keeps crashing

I went through all the lessons by CNET on Dazzle, but everytime I start to try and capture a video the program crashes, and wants to send a message to Microsoft. Do you have any idea what could be wrong. I have a new laptop with XP, (I had the option of installing Vista which had to be installed first and then 'downgraded' to XP) have 1GB RAM and an attached hard drive of 250GB. Not sure what else you need to know.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dazzle Studio 9 keeps crashing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dazzle Studio 9 keeps crashing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Since you recently installed XP

In reply to: Dazzle Studio 9 keeps crashing

Collapse -
Pinnacle crashes

In reply to: Since you recently installed XP

The only drivers I have installed after the Dazzle, is one I have just downloaded called PCLEUSB2x32.exe because I looked at the device Manager and all the USB things don't have 2 by them. Have I done right?

Collapse -
I'll say XP is not installed proper.

In reply to: Pinnacle crashes

Time and time again I find the XP install half done right. We find the motherboard and other drivers were missed.

Collapse -
Dazzle Studio 9 keeps crashing

In reply to: I'll say XP is not installed proper.

I installed the PCLEUSB2x32.exe it was a USB2 driver, so I now have Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
(Generic USB Hub) I clicked Properties on this and it showed:
Location 0 (USB2.0 Hub)
All the other USBs shown in Device Manager don't say they are 2s.

If XP has not been installed properly, it must be my fault. I phoned up the support people when I bought the machine (Fujitsu Siemens), and they said I must install Vista first, and then go for the option to have XP and use the XP disk! Which is what I did, as I definitely do not want Vista. If I should install XP again what problems will I hit, will it wipe out all my programs and data?
But back to the Dazzle download, after I installed the USB driver the programme started OK, without the MSoft message, but stopped in the middle of capturing the video, when the message came up again. The video player was still going OK but the capture froze. So I stopped it all and started it again in the middle of the video where it broke off, and it started again, but the Dazzle froze about half hour later while the video kept on playing. I have a Toughdrive USB 250gb HD to store the film on.

Collapse -
So tell me

About the MOTHERBOARD CHIPSET DRIVER PACKAGE you used. Sorry for the all capital letters but it's the most overlooked driver package and without that you do see the issues you are reporting.

Bob

Collapse -
Dazzle

In reply to: So tell me

I have, besides the Vista andXP disks, one that says Use this DVD to update or re-instal the drivers to your system only if necessary. This DVD contains device drivers and utilities for your sytem hardware, and contains: Drivers & system utilities, manuals, software Norton and Nero. I do need help here!!! If I put this disk in will it wipe everything out? I am not confident of my abilities ... I wish my grandson were not so far away.....

Collapse -
Sorry.

In reply to: Dazzle

But I can't see where you tell me you did indeed install that driver.

-> I've been unable to give you a clear answer for a few reasons. The first is I'm not sure of your machine's make and model. If I had that I would not be asking if you did install the driver I suspect or what version you used but sharing a web link to the driver I would install if it was my machine.

Each post shows this passage -> Note: If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number...

Sorry if this seems hard or me being blunt but I want to see you succeed.
Bob

Collapse -
Dazzle

In reply to: Sorry.

I did install the USB driver I downloaded from Pinnacle. I do appreciate your help, just finding it a bit hard to learn Happy
My computer is a Fujitsu Siemens Mobile. on the system properties it says:
System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU
540 @ 186GHz
1.87 GHz, 768MB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

If I have missed anything, please tell me.

Collapse -
Just would need a model number.

Or link to it on their web site.

I see you wrote again about some USB driver but the motherboard chipset drivers are the most common overlooked driver that can cause your issue. These can be specific to your machine so I can't offer generics here.

If you can't find a model number or web link to your computer then you may need to make this a warranty issue.
Bob

Collapse -
Dazzle

In reply to: Just would need a model number.

Thank you. I have the bar code from the wrappers, and also the model number, so will get on to them now before they close for the weekend. Thanks a lot for your help.

Collapse -
Just checking.

Were you going to share the model number?

If not I've done all I can and will unsubscribe.

Collapse -
Dazzle

In reply to: Just checking.

Oh yes of course. Sorry. Its a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5535. I have just come off the phone to them. They told me to uninstall all the USBs and restart the computer and they would all reinstall themselves. I have done this, still none of them say they are USB 2s. So I reinstalled the Pinnacle driver. Now I need to try the Dazzle again

Collapse -
Fujitsu drivers

In reply to: Since you recently installed XP

Are you saying I should download and install the list of drivers for the Fujitsu? When I uninstalled those USBs as instructed by the technician I had to reinstall my printer, it had completely disappeared, I tried to "add" printer but it couldn't find the files on the computer at all, which seemes odd, as when I put the installation disk it asked me if I wanted to replace the various files it was installing.

You said Dazzle is not the best, what would you recommend for copying videos to the computer please?

Collapse -
No.

In reply to: Fujitsu drivers

I'm writing what I would do. Your choice here.

As to capture I use other methods such as DVDR, then rip from the DVDR media. Also I use firewire from camcorders. The Dazzle is something I no longer use.
Bob

Collapse -
Chipset, etc.

http://www.primus-personnel.co.uk/pdf/laptop.pdf
Chipset: Northbridge SIS M672 SIS M672, Southbridge SiS 968 SiS 968

http://www.fujitsu.com/nz/services/technology/pc/esprimo/v5535/specs.html
"Ships with Knoppix Linux DVD" = Very odd.

Drivers at http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/support/lb_os_esprimoV5535.html
Select the OS (XP?) and install each one in order. Do NOT install other drivers first from other sources. We are attempting what is known as a Windows Clean Install.

If the machine locks up you either have a Dazzle issue or a defective laptop. Remember that Dazzle isn't well known for great drivers so save that till last.

And HARD LOCKUPS are a sign that it's a really bad driver.

Good luck,
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.